Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help and advice for getting a job in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I can't believe it, every year galway people moan less and less, nobody moaned about anything for weeks, but 1 person moans about the weather and everybody complains about the moaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I registered last week on HP career application.
    Tks for the links :) I will check the other one too.
    By the way, hows the weather in Galway today? :D

Ring HP until you speak to someone in HR... if you push it I think they will respond... otherwise your application may sit in a file for months. tell them how much you love galway and how much you want to work for HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

I will try to send them my cv again.
    What are they talking about?
    How can they complain about the weather?
    :(( Would they prefer 40-45 degrees in the summer ?! i wonder....
    They should be very happy with this weather ....
    Lol, i remember something, i was in town close to the shopping center and someone was complaining ...last summer were 27 degrees in Galway...
    hey ..what then about Spain, Italy..or some other countries...they could die to get some rain :D or go straight to the pool . Weather is getting warmer every year
    so
    who's still complaining about the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can't believe it, every year galway people moan less and less, nobody moaned about anything for weeks, but 1 person moans about the weather and everybody complains about the moaning!
    This was a bit misdirected. Everyone in town has been moaning about the weather. Sure if we didn't have weather what would we moan about, the taxes or the drivers :D

I've been to Warsaw once in the hight of summer. You just can't escape the smog and heat. Feels like you were in Athens.

I know what you mean, the smog and the heat :(.
    your right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TallGirl

I know what you mean, the smog and the heat :(.
    your right
    Where are you from.... If you are an EU citizen then why do u need a visa?
    I've recently gotten an IT job in Galway and am moving in the next couple of weeks.... I would suggest getting in touch with CPL too... ask for Fiona.

Hi, we've joined EU recently and we still need the work permit
    hey, Fiona is a nice lady ...we talked few times on the phone and she's mailing me further my cv ..but no luck yet.
    I wanted to meet her in feburary when i was in galway...but i will meet her soon, i'll be back in town if i get an interview.
    What part of ireland are u from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

If you are from one of the new states and require a work permit, I think companies like HP would not legally be able to employ you without it.

You'll have a better chance with the permit. After that, you have 4 years experience with oracle, you could try Storm, they are a small company in Galway but they use Oracle a lot.

http://www.storm.ie/careers.asp

I'm working now on getting a work permit.
    I know work permit could be a problem for some companies.
    Thanks a lot for the link and for the advice.

Advertisement