Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wisdom teeth removal (sweat optional!)

• 09-05-2007 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going into Northbrook clinic in Ranelagh next Tuesday to get 3 of my wisdom teeth removed - and I'm dreading it - arragh!

Its been done under general anaesthetic. I had one removed last year as normal and it was horrendous. I didn't have an x-ray before it was removed and he took a big chunk of my jaw bone removed with it - fun!

Anyway, people have told me some horror stories about this. That i'll be waking up with blood on my pillow - that i'm guaranteed to get an infection / abcess cause everyone does. I won't be able to eat for a week - I'll be off work for 2 weeks etc.

So as you can imagine - i'm starting to sweat! Has anyone had this done?
    I'd appreciate some honest info about whats its like! (or maybe some reassurance!)

:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 julesc

hi there just read ur post!
    I can understand why you would be worried whenever you mention ur gettn this done there is always someone with a horror story waiting!
    I got mine done about 3 yrs ago and i got all 4 out on the same day!
    Maybe i was one of the lucky ones but i hadnt a bit of trouble with them after. Yes i was sore for the first few days mainly i spose from them pulling at my jaw!
    first cpl of days couldnt eat solids but within id say bout 3 days i was almost bak to normal . i think the first morning after i got it done there was some blood on my pillow but nothing to worry about.
    so honestly you will be fine , its more the thoughts of it than anything!
    good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Galadriel

How did you get on getting the ole wisdom teeth out?

I'm waiting to get mine out, have an appointment with a consultant next week...170euro :eek:
    I have vhi so after that its covered.

I've to get two out under a g/a also, do you really need a couple of weeks off work? dreading it :( the teeth aren't even out a little bit so a total slice-and-remove job!

Advertisement