Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specs needed for Final Cut Pro?

• 09-05-2007 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm thinking about getting Final Cut Studio 5 and a mac. Can anyone recommend the specifications i should get on the mac? I'm looking to edit a full lenght movie shot on HDV and i want it to run pretty fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

You'll find recommended specs for FC Studio 2 on the Apple website.

Get at least a G5, better yet a MacPro. (You can't really edit movies on a laptop, if youi ask me). At least 2GB (preferably 4GB) of memory, and a second drive of at least 250GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You'll need as large a monitor as possible, the amount of room you need to comforably use FCP is silly.

Love that programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Zillah wrote:
    You'll need as large a monitor as possible, the amount of room you need to comforably use FCP is silly.

No larger than any other comparable NLE system though. I use a 24" dell ultrasharp widescreen, plenty big enough. You'll want an external video monitor too, though, if you're producing work for showing on regular TVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If you want to save yourself hassle then downconvert the HDV footage to regular DV as you capture it. This will save you a good bit of render time etc.

When you've locked picture you can re-conform the whole thing again from the source tapes at full HDV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 disneynasty

Cheers for the advice guy's i got myself a second hand g5. it's working out great so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement