Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insomnia, chinese herbal remedies?

• 09-05-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

hi, just read the insomnia sticky. good reading and good advice, but somtimes, no amount of warm milk, soothing music etc will help you nod off.

so, has anyone tried chinese herbal remedies? do they work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jen199

I've had insomnia for years.

You won't be able to sort it out until you understand the cause. With me it is because my mind won't stop racing - even if i'm not worried about anything! No matter how tired I am - sleep won't come. I find it is much worse in summer for some reason!

The only thing I find works is herbal tablets. The best ones i've come across (and i've tried a lot!) are Slumber Tablets by Seven Seas. I take 2 about 30 mins before I go to sleep and that usually sorts me out. I'll always make sure that i've a good 7 hours between taking them and starting work because they can leave you a bit letargic. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

Jen199 wrote:
    I've had insomnia for years.

You won't be able to sort it out until you understand the cause. With me it is because my mind won't stop racing - even if i'm not worried about anything! No matter how tired I am - sleep won't come. I find it is much worse in summer for some reason!

The only thing I find works is herbal tablets. The best ones i've come across (and i've tried a lot!) are Slumber Tablets by Seven Seas. I take 2 about 30 mins before I go to sleep and that usually sorts me out. I'll always make sure that i've a good 7 hours between taking them and starting work because they can leave you a bit letargic. Good luck!

thanks for that, will give em a go.

ye, it's the whole mind racing thing, coupled with the fact that if i know i need to sleep, i can't. also, when i need to get up, i know i could easily drift off, all in the mind.

Advertisement