Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal rescue organizations?

Options
  • 09-05-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have this stray cat that I usually feed, today it showed up with a broken face and a chewed off tongue that's handing by a thread, I can't catch the cat to take it to the vet, I was wondering is there any organization that rescues animals in Ireland(you know like they show on UK tv) that I could call, so they'd help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

not sure where you live but call the DSPCA or the ISPCA and see if they will help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The poor thing, what part of the country are you in? If in Dublin try the DSPCA as mentioned there is a list of animal orgs. or irishanimals.ie some places will lend you a cat trap from the sounds of it the poor thing may need to be put to sleep but that's up to a vet to deceide wether she can survive and eat etc. Fingers crossed you catch her anyway poor cat :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

It can't eat at all, can't even drink milk.

Yes, I'm in Dublin(22), I'll contact those orgs, thank you!

if the cat is that sick it may allow you catch it, even to put it in a box and brign it straight to the vets the pain the poor thing must be in

Irish-Lass wrote:
    if the cat is that sick it may allow you catch it, even to put it in a box and brign it straight to the vets the pain the poor thing must be in

It did! it let me lock the door of the room, and I've got it contained now, I've called the DSPCA, they said they'll have a car here in about an hour.

Hopefully, they'll come, or else, I've gonna pick it up and take it to a vet.

• Advertisement

good luck and I hope the cat will be ok, but unfortunately if no one is willing to cover the vet bills more then likely the DSPCA will have the cat put to sleep, it may not be able to be operate on

An update,

The DSPCA came and took her away...

I asked the man if it was possible to maybe save her, when he inspected her, he said it had to be put to sleep, and when he cought her, I looked at her closely and it looks like her jaw was completely messed up, and she had a rotting smell.

So, he took her away, I could barely hold myself from crying.

I don't know what could happen to her, but I think it's another cat that might have done it to her.

I was feeding this cat for 2-3 years, everyday she'd come 3-4 times a day and I'd put some cat food on her plate, she wouldn't let me touch her or get to her very close but still she was a very calm and quiet cat.

Besides her, 2 other cats showed up, they were fine with each other, all fed together.

here's a pic...
    th_13272_DSC00015_122_403lo.JPG

About 3 weeks ago though, a completely new cat showed up, this one was very aggressive, and was fighting with other cats all the time, and about 4 days ago, my cat was eating and this new one came, I didn't see it, but there was definitely some fight, cause I heard noises, I didn't see my cat ever since, today it shows up and there you go :/

Thank you very much for your help and fast responses, Irish-Lass and Guineapigrescue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Fair play to you Cyber, might have gotten a smack of a car or mauled by a dog. You stopped the pain, thats the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

lightening wrote:
    Fair play to you Cyber,

I agree. Even though they are semi wild you can grow very attached to them. You did all you could.

Thanks!, TBH, I feel much easier now that I know that atleast it's going to die without suffering.

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    Thanks!, TBH, I feel much easier now that I know that atleast it's going to die without suffering.

she is one of the lucky ones most don't get that.

RIP little one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

It's so sad when things like this happen but you did the right thing. Who knows what happened the poor cat but if it wasn't for you she would still be in a lot of pain. I remember one of the strays I used to feed was poisoned once and I had her put down- she was having fits and it was awful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Good on ye, Cyberghost

Advertisement