Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Opel Cora discount?

Options
  • 09-05-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, I'm a first time buyer and was wondering if somebody could help me out with regards getting a good deal - I read somewhere on this forum that new Opels tend to get a good discount - I want to buy the new Opel Corsa (club 1.4, 3 dr) and when I look online is says it costs €16695, exclusive of delivery and related charges. If I went to my local opel dealer, would I be able to get the car for below this price, and if so, by how much roughly? Can anyone help me out with this? cheers!

[edit] - and yes that would be Corsa, not Cora

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask him how much for a straight cash deal.

5%+ maybe as it's a new model? Haggle a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

xenu wrote:
    Hi, I'm a first time buyer and was wondering if somebody could help me out with regards getting a good deal - I read somewhere on this forum that new Opels tend to get a good discount - I want to buy the new Opel Corsa (club 1.4, 3 dr) and when I look online is says it costs €16695, exclusive of delivery and related charges. If I went to my local opel dealer, would I be able to get the car for below this price, and if so, by how much roughly? Can anyone help me out with this? cheers!

[edit] - and yes that would be Corsa, not Cora

The new Corsa is selling quite well for Opel at the moment so getting a really good discount off one might be difficult but not impossible.

Delivery and related charges usually can add another €500 to the list price, metalic paint will also cost extra, again another €400.

If it is your first time buying a car then I would suggest you take someone who has experience of buying cars with you. Probably better to go to the dealer rather than telephone as face to face dealing is taken more seriously than a telephone call.

Haggling the price of a car can be like a game of poker imo. Also don't be afraid to shop around for the best price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

The Corsa is selling extremely well and the waiting times are getting longer. You should always try and get something off if you're buying straight with no trade-in but in the case of the Corsa it might not be very much. Also since they're a cheaper car there might not be much room to move for the dealer

Advertisement