Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a book for MCSE

• 09-05-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Lo folks,

Work has asked me to do my MCSE certs. They are willing to pay for my study materials and exams. Can anyone recommend a good book perhaps with one of those tester CD's that come with it? You know the org that spews querstions at you.

Ta V much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I like the MS press books in general others find Sybex easier to read
    a good book

To do the MCSE you will at least 4 books, you can buy an MCSE book pack from Eason's or Online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It's a good idea to use more than one book for any cert. The MSbooks in general are good but a bit dry, Sybex and Syngress are 2 other good options. Exam Cram are very hit and miss for the MCSE 2k3 but one 'cram' book I found that was surprisingly good was the ;MCSE 2k3 In A Nutshell'.
    Also get VMware server (free) and eval. versions of Server 2k3 to setup a virtual domain to play on while you study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm using the ms press ones and cbt nuggets. I find the mspress ones fine - they split each chapter into lessons and give you excercises to do etc so it's not one long chapter overloading you with information. I passed my first exam (70-290) 2 weeks ago (:D) and hope to do 70-291 at the end of next month.

Advertisement