Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service on car under 3 years old

Options
  • 09-05-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I have an 05 car which I bought last year. It now needs to get a service. Where do I stand if I get it serviced by my local guy (not affiliated to an garage or dealership). Will my warranty be still valid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Normally for any manufacturer warranty, you need to keep the service record with an approved main dealer service department.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Block exemption states you can have any simi garage service your car, once it's serviced to the manufacturers spec using genuine parts you are ok.
    Should not affect your warrantee.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Neilw wrote:
    Block exemption states you can have any simi garage service your car, once it's serviced to the manufacturers spec using genuine parts you are ok.
    Should not affect your warrantee.

Neil.

Does not have to be an SIMI garage. Parts do not have to be genuine, just of equal quality but I would reccommend genuine anyway.

Advertisement