Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Diamond Head Tour Ireland in July

• 09-05-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Diamond Head
    The X-Brothers (of Blue Oyster Cult)
    We’re All Gonna Die
    Soloway & Guests

Tickets available from www.tickets.ie

Diamond Head are back! As if out of the sun, they are about to sweep down and tour Ireland in July. Take the opportunity to join them on their world tour which will promote their latest album 'What's in Your Head?' Diamond Head, an original of the new wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM), are back to reclaim their rightful place at the pinnacle of rock music.

This summer's Diamond Head tour will take place in six venues across Ireland, in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kilkenny and Belfast, three of which are rarely used for rock concerts. Whilst the shows will be rock concerts, the emphasis will be on heavier rock and aspects of the Metallica-type metal genre.

Friday, 20th July Ballykeefe Amphitheatre, Kilmanagh, Co. Klkenny
    Saturday, 21st July Half Moon Theatre, Cork
    Sunday, 22nd July King John’s Castle, Limerick
    Monday, 23rd July The Warwick, Salthill, Galway
    Tuesday, 24th July The Mansion House, Dublin 2
    Wednesday, 25th July The Rosetta Bar, Belfast (B&B promotions)

It’s thirty years this year since Diamond Head were formed in the West Midlands of England by guitarist Brian Tatler. However over the past few years, a new creative energy has emerged in the young Diamond Head line up, which will tour Ireland. The new line up includes Brian Tatler (Guitar), Nick Tart (vocals), Karl Wilcox (drums), Eddie Moohan (Bass) and Abbz (rhythm guitar). In 2005 Diamond Head played support to Megadeth on their Irish tour. However, on this occasion Diamond Head will headline this summer’s tour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I saw these guys at Megadeth about 2 years ago. it wasn't the best tbh. At the time I was fairly into them, but they just don't have a stage presence that would make you want to go see them again. In their defence they were the support act and therefore the sound for them was shíte, but still, not the best band I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Guru wrote:
    Monday, 23rd July The Warwick, Salthill, Galway

:eek:

Playing Galway? Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Sunday, 22nd July King John’s Castle, Limerick

:eek:

Fucking awesome!

I agree with a previous poster that they didn't exactly set the world alight when they supported Megadeth a couple of years ago (the new material was very, very weak), but still, it's a genuine classic rock band - IN LIMERICK!

And we also get Joe Bouchard of Blue Oyster Cult!

I think I need a lie down....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jellikit

I saw the X Brothers in New York a few weeks ago. They were playing a free gig in aid of some charity and they were **** hot!! I think their bass player was with Alice Cooper through most of the 70's. They're well worth checking out. Best version of Don't fear the Reaper I ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WAGD

Hey Everyone,
    My name is Jim Healey from the Boston, MA band "We're All Gonna Die" that will support Diamond Head on this tour. Looking forward to coming over and playing. For those of you unfamiliar with us, check out some of our tunes here

See you in July..

Jim
    WAGD

• Advertisement
Advertisement