Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog drinks salt water!

Options
  • 09-05-2007 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

The female dobie loves to wade into the sea at least a few inches but she then seems to think drinking salt water should be no problem. Thay are used to drinking river water so I suppose to them water is just water.

She drank so much this morning despite my yells to stop. Then came home with an obviously large thirst and also seemed to be shivering slightly.

Anyone esle had this problem? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Another day, another thread about your dobermanns...

Today one of them drank salty water. :eek:

Maybe she was shivering because she was cold from being in the cold sea on a cold day??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Nala wrote:

Maybe she was shivering because she was cold from being in the cold sea on a cold day??????

great post really helpful your such an asset to the forum good to have you on board.....

OT: Can't imagine the saltwater being good for the dogs in anyway but maybe she will learn not to drink it in future if she has been feeling ill since...won't do her much harm i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Nala wrote:

Mod edit: Czech insult removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pardon:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

In english please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Stop being unhelpfull, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

2 x "no"

no ...saltwater is not good for them (the odd "tongue wetting" will be ok, but not in large quantities)

and

no ...they don't neccessarily learn not to drink it

It's up to you to stop your dogs from doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

OP why not take a bowl & a bottle of water next time so that you can give the dogs a drink? Should stop her wanting to drink the sea water.

Please stop the bitching guys - the OP asked for advice! I do not care if someone posts up 10 posts a day if they are relevant & asking about sea water is in my opinion! The next pointless post on this thread will result in a 48 hour banning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Nala wrote:

Sorry if I bore you but I was worried about the dog. :mad:

I think it is more relevant than 'Britney Spears shaves her head' type thread you seem to favour. :rolleyes:

BANNED!

Swearing & insults will not be tolerated! The remark is a nasty insult in Czech.

In case you want to check for yourselves HERE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Sorry if I bore you but I was worried about the dog. :mad:

I think it is more relevant than 'Britney Spears shaves her head' type thread you seem to favour. :rolleyes:

If you kept yelling at her to stop and she didn't perhaps you should consider training her more? Could you not have pulled her away from the water with her lead if you were concerned about her drinking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

Nala wrote:
    If you kept yelling at her to stop and she didn't perhaps you should consider training her more? Could you not have pulled her away from the water with her lead if you were concerned about her drinking it?

Why couldn't you just simply answer the question that the OP posed?

Put simply (and it was fairly simple in the first place), "Has anyone else had a problem with their dog drinking salt/sea water?"

So far, Nala, your contributions have been worthless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

Also, I love to dip into this forum and hear the latest from the two Dobermans. They are obviously two well loved pets who are well cared for.

Getting annoyed now I said NO MORE USELESS POSTS in here!

locking this thread before I start to ban people!

OP your question was answered - salt water is not good! Please take fresh drinking water with you in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement