Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taste of dublin

• 09-05-2007 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is in the wrong area, but where else could one put it??

has anyone been and what are there experiences? is it worth the money and would you go again...i can get cheap tickets (a friend isnt going) and was wondering if its just a moneypit or would it be worth actually going to sample some of the foods that the culinary capital of western europe has to offer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Looks good on paper. I'm planning on going. Haven't been before.

I was at the TasteFest in the RDS around Paddy's Day. I was underwhelmed by that, but I'm hoping for better things from the Iveagh Gardens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

the food is worthwhile but you basically spend all your time queuing. you get your food and go and it eat queuing elsewhere, then you run out of play money and have to queue to get some more before queuing for food or drink. If it rains, it's a nightmare- bring your wetsuit:D :p:D

the food is worthwhile but you basically spend all your time queuing. you get your food and go and it eat queuing elsewhere, then you run out of play money and have to queue to get some more before queuing for food or drink. If it rains, it's a nightmare- bring your wetsuit:D :p:D

That's the spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I promise I haven't been living in a cave or anything, but what's A Taste of Dublin?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

a place where one can go to sample different restaurants from around dublin

• Advertisement

Miss Fluff wrote:
    I promise I haven't been living in a cave or anything, but what's A Taste of Dublin?:confused:

It's on next month in the BEAUTIFUL Iveagh Gardens, near Harcourt Street.

See http://www.tasteofdublin07.ie/introduction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

OH. MY. GOD. Where has this been all of my life!!!?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Tastefest was crap compared to Taste of Dublin last year

TOD:
    I had a brilliant time, but i bought vip tickets so i'd have somewhere to sit down and eat, (with a free cocktail!!).
    Yes, bring plenty of money. it aint cheap.

But it does what it says on the tin.
    You get to try a lot of restaurants - it would cost a lot more to actually go and try them all to figure out which you like and which you dont.

If you've an interest in trying out restaurants you havent already been to in Dublin, then go. Its worth every cent.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Here's the thread about last year's event:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054886429

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

so basically from last years thread it looks like a total waste of money!
    was there a dresscode at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

actually i have tickets for sunday that i need to swap for saturday if anyone is interested?? mods mightnt like this post, if its a problem go ahead and delete the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Miss Fluff wrote:
    what's A Taste of Dublin?:confused:
    It's what you get when some Skanger in a Celtic Jersey and tracksuit bottoms gives you a knuckle sandwich at 2am on O'Connell St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 daisy25

I have tickets for Friday 12-4 that I'd love to swap for Friday afternoon if anyone's interested?

Advertisement