Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving in Clare

• 09-05-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hey,

Have been given a gift voucher for diving with Burren Adventures in Clare, anyone here recommend the best time of year for that area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

Its still a bit cold so wait till later in the summer if you don't have a dry suit.
    I assume you've dived before so in terms of weather its really about what interests you and where those sites are i.e. some won't be accessible if its too choppy but in June-August you'ld want to be really unlucky if you can't get a dive. A site that's very good is Donegal point (its off the Clare coast don't worry) Well worth a look if you can arrange to get on a boat going that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Oirthir wrote:
    Hey,

Have been given a gift voucher for diving with Burren Adventures in Clare, anyone here recommend the best time of year for that area?

Best thing is to ring Ronan or Denise and talk to them, they've a couple of special dives that are local weather dependant. Also Vis can change so much down there in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

you should check out the drift dive down there, its ready enjoyable and speed gets up to about 6knots or so and its the best drift i've done. the sea bed is a crustacean graveyard with plenty of various types of crab and mussels shells down there.

was there a month ago and the vis was grand, about 4m

as borzoi has said, give ronan or denise a call. they will move things around to suit the climate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Cheers everyone, was talking to Denise early, maybe see y'all down there over the summer!

Advertisement