Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing Equipment

• 09-05-2007 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am an experienced editor and cameraman who is planning on setting up my own edit suite at home. I am planning to use Avid Express on a Mac and I am looking for help about what exact version and what type of mac I should buy and the cheapest way possible. I will be using DV and Mini DV format. Can anybody give me any advice at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Do it on a PC, Avid don't get along with MAC any more and as a result the software on a MAC generally sucks.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Or stay with mac but get Final Cut Studio. Better deal than Avid by far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

For home use I would tend to agree.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Or for business use. FCP is a professional product, and it's gaining lots of traction in the NLE market. There are plenty of pros around the world using FCP exclusively.

By the way if you're only working with DV (or even HDV), Final Cut Express might be enough for you, but check it out at the Apple website and pay attention to the limitations.

Advertisement