Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Records to fall?

• 09-05-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Looks like we could be in for a fast world championships this August.

timesonline.co.uk

Hopefully we'll see some new Irish records as well as World records...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

David Gillick is going to take chunks off the Irish record. My only fear is that he might not be able to run a series of fast races together and may be spent if he makes the final similar to what happened to Joanne Cudihy. I still reckon he'll hit 44.45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

David Gillick is going to take chunks off the Irish record. My only fear is that he might not be able to run a series of fast races together and may be spent if he makes the final similar to what happened to Joanne Cudihy. I still reckon he'll hit 44.45

He had three hard races at the Euro Indoors without any adverse effects. I'd love to see him make the final. 44.45 is a bit too much at the moment, maybe sub 45.

Regarding the track, the athletes seem to like it, and the added impetus of a global title could produce lots of fast times. We'll see.

Wariner's 44.02 was a real eye-opener and was a May 'record' and also an age 23 record. Scary, the guy's still only 23!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Clum wrote:
    Looks like we could be in for a fast world championships this August.
    Hopefully we'll see some new Irish records as well as World records...
    Yes, hopefully we will. my predictions are:
    Paul Hession to break Paul Brizzel's 20.54 200m record...he's only .02 seconds off it. Could he drop below 10.35 for the 100m?
    Derval to drop below her 12.72. I think skipping the indoors will do her a world of good for the outdoor season. She'll need all to drop under her PB to any damage at the World's, given the speed of the Americans and Kallur.
    Is it too optimistic to suggest Joanne Cuddihy breaking Shinkins' record?

Advertisement