Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scuffed Paint

Options
  • 09-05-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi guys,

somebody rubbed off the front of my car in our carpark :(

Thankfully he called the office and apologised etc. Now there is a scuff on the paint and it is not very bad but needs some touch up, no dent or scrape in the bodywork.

Can anybody advise somewhere in dublin 15 (or swords area) to get it done PROPERLY.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

If it's only paint from his car rubbed onto yours, try it yourself.

Rub it down with paint restorer and a damp cloth. Wash it off and then buff up with a good polish.

You can get a paint re-storer like t-Cut from any motor factors.

If it's actually scratched through your paint you'll have to take it to a body shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

yep, carcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

.... I have a mini cooper le that needs some bodywork touchups. It's got a few paint scuff marks (hence why I haven't started a new thread but posted it here!), but also needs some work on minor rust bobbling under the front windscreen (scuttle?) and on drivers door seam, plus a few other touch-ups elsewhere.

Basically, in laymans terms, I'm looking to fix up a few different paint/body work issues to have the car looking mint again. Needless to say I want a very good job done as well. Anyone know of a company in Dublin that provides such a service - or could personally recommend someone? Many thanx!

Btw cooper_man, I presume that's the black bmw mini u own? Nice motor :)

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I have a bloke that would probably do it cheaper then carcraft. PM if you want numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

DON'T GO TO CARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They painted my Civic's door recently. Such crappy work I've never seen before!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here are some posts about it from a different forum:
    hosi wrote:

Some examples, all of them from only one door:
    unevenok0.th.jpg carcraft002ju3.th.jpg
    carcraft003ms3.th.jpg carcraft004tt9.th.jpg

All this for €350. That's IMO a lot of money for such crappy work!
    Do I expect too much???
    Of course the entire car was spoiled...

NEVER AGAIN!!! ****TY CARCRAFT!!! :@:
    hosi wrote:
    BeatMan wrote:

If they don't fix it take them to small claims court. Its a couple of euro and you'll get your money back.

To be honest its the first time I've seen this with them

Thanks, I didn't know about the small claims court (I'm still quite new here in Ireland). To be honest I don't have too much time to fight with them (and they count probably on it). This is not a new car, it has some scratches already.

But I just wanted to make you aware guys of the quality level of their service.
    JUST CRAP, NOTHING ELSE!

ps. just spotted excess of paint on the door edge (too much paint has been sprayed probably)... unbelievable... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

layke wrote:
    I have a bloke that would probably do it cheaper then carcraft. PM if you want numbers.

Will he take out dents as well? The kind of annoying ones you get at the car park when some f@cker... count to 10... count to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Wow - that is awful work! Thanx for posting this hosi - if my mini came back with the paintwork like that, well, I dunno what I'd do :mad:

These guys deserve to be named and shamed if this is the kind of job they do.

Advertisement