Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MultiPort Router For Chorus Broadband?

Options
  • 09-05-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Not sure if this has been asked before(tried the search function but its not working).I have Chorus Broadband in my house with the std Motorolla router.When we connect a switch for multiple users we cant all get connection at the same time.I'm wondering if there's a 4 or 8 port compatible router out there that'll take the chorus cable?Rang chorus but they were unable to help.Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

the wgr614 is the one the ntl side of upc supply on some installations
    4 ports & wireless

did chorus not offer one / did u not ask??

any bog standard cable router (ie one without an adsl modem built-in) should work

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

a switch will not work, as the NTL modem can only assign one ip to one mac address. you need a router ( a standard router, and NOT one of those ADSL ones, the WGR614 or WGR614v if you want built-in VoIP, are good choices.

Advertisement