Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal affordable housing scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

I have just been granted a provisional loan application by Fingal Co. Co.
    If they have offered me a loan of €165 grand will the house cost this amount or will I have to supplement this with savings? It's all a little bit up in the air.

The provisional loan approval amount can change! It's only provisional. When you put your booking deposit on the home they reassess you all over again from the date of the last bank statement, savings record and payslip so keep those! This can result in getting offered a higher loan.

I went to see my house and thought I would never be able to afford it (it was 35k above what I was provisionally approved) but when they reassessed me for final approval I had saved more money in the meantime, my salary had increased slightly and that meant they could give me a higher loan.

You get a max loan of 95% of the price of your home and you come up with the rest yourself.

I don't know about them offering homes that match your means though, because I got 2 offers in the one envelope and the second viewings, which I didn't even go to see, were in the region of 210k which I knew I would never be able to afford, even if there was a chance that my provisional loan approval went up so I left it for others to have a chance at viewing.

Advertisement