Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PO Box

Options
  • 09-05-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the main reasons for getting a PO Box instead of getting post sent to your business address? I know you can collect letters first thing in the morning. But can you collect more post in the afternoon? Does it work like that. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You can collect anytime during the working day of the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyler_d

no, i understand that. but when you collect your post in the morning, can you collect more post in the afternoon. In other words do they sort out post just once a day

Once a day it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I had a PO Box in Australia a few years ago, It was in hte local post office, a little postbox located in a wall of other boxes (pigeon hole) with a locking door, I could check it as much as I wanted during opening hours.

I take it that the An Post boxes are shelf BEHIND the counter, and you have to ask for your post (while perhaps providing a key to prove it is your box)?

They are usually accessed from the public areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

ok so you can check it as many times a day as you want, but that would be pointless as An Post only deposit mail into it once a day

vector wrote:
    so what stops you from checking them 100 times a day if you want to? oh I get it you can check it as much as you want but they only deposit mail into it once

Yup.

Advertisement