Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle routes in Waterford

Options
  • 09-05-2007 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,
    Has anyone any suggested cycle routes in the waterford area? Preferably starting(and ending:rolleyes: ) in Tramore.
    I'll do flats, hills, main and back roads...the longer the better!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tramore to Waterford and back again, I've done it a few times, its not too bad, or you could do Tramore to Woodstown via the backrounds to it near Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 noieralc

:D:D I kind of have the Tramore to Waterford and back again one down already...thanks though!!
    Never thought of the Woodstown direction.
    I'm trying to build up to a 70/80 mile cycle so am looking for longer circular routes that I could do, but I'm useless with directions so I need to know the route I'm taking or I'll get lost(I've done it before!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I always ride around that area.

From Tramore, go to Annestown, Bonmahon and on to Dungarvan, Main road to Waterford, Back to Tramore = 100k. If you are feeling brave, divert left on the road from Dungarvan to Waterford after Lemybrien to go up and down the Mahon falls. Adds about 15k and will make a man of you !

Also from Tramore, Coast Rd towards Dunmore, head towards either Gaultier cross or Ballymacaw (longer and brings you right into Dunmore). Either way, end up at Gaultier cross, head for woodstown. After woodstown, head for passage east, then turn for Waterford and back towards tramore. maybe 50k or possibly 60.

Loads more you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 noieralc

I think I'll avoid Mahon Falls, I'm happy being a woman!:p
    Keep those routes coming, Quigs, I'm aiming on building up to that Dungarvan cycle over the next 4/5 weeks...

Advertisement