Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever had your permit checked?

Options
  • 09-05-2007 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

just wondering has anybody who fishes in the shannon system had their permit checked. i fish the river suck in roscommon, and i have never bought a permit even though you need one to fish the suck. I havnt bought one for 2 reasons (im not a cheep scate!). 1 none of the money raised from the sale of permits is spent on the suck, and 2, i have never seen anybody checking permits.
    I am wondering do anglers have their permits checked on the shannon and surrounding lakes? if not, what is the point in having them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

apparently , they check for them out on lough ennel , i have ben out a few times and never had mine checked.

The money they raise from these permits goes into gillnetting the midland lakes to remove pike , bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The money they raise from these permits goes into gillnetting the midland lakes to remove pike , bastards

Seriously:eek:

Well they can introduce their liscense fee up their jacksey if thats true!

On another hand I've had my coarse liscence for Blessington checked 3 times this month.
    ESB wardens do a good job for the most part up there considering the amount of angling pressure the lake receives in parts.
    I'm more than happy to shell out the yearly charge if it means less killing of pike and irresponsible angling making both shyte of the fish and area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

apparently , they check for them out on lough ennel , i have ben out a few times and never had mine checked.

yea i heard about that a few years ago, i think they only do it in lakes where there are trout, because they think there are low numbers of trout in the lake because the pike are eating them! I cant stand people who say that, pike and trout have existed side by side in lakes and rivers for thousands of years, the reason there are less trout in the lakes is beause the ANGLERS eat the trout. (i know pike to eat small trout, but compared to the size of trout anglers eat, how can they reproduce properly)

Advertisement