Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video calls

• 09-05-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Is anyone able to make Video calls - have a new 3G phone but when I try to make a video call it immediately says that video calls not supported by the network (that being vodafone)

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I get that error message on the 3 network when I'm in a 3G area (or the phone I'm ringing isn't)

ambrose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

as kingambrose says you have to have 3g coverage. your phone will probably say 3g on it somewhere when it has coverage. on nokias is says it just below the signal indicator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You need to be in a 3G area. The phone you are calling needs to be in a 3G area as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

oddly enough my fathers nokia E61 can do a video call anywere in the country 3G or 2G/2.5G if only vodafone offered any decent 3G services...

wish my 3 phone could do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Thanks guys - its a bit hit and miss so - Is there somewhere to see a rough map of 3G coverage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

Give here a try.

http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming/domestic/network/index.jsp

Shouuld give you a good idea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

sorry to side step,, but are vodafone gonna introduce free msn with their 3g phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ vodafone and free dont go together so thats a no but im sure theres some way you could buy a bundle and just get a phone that could download the programme
    but at the moment your best choice for msn is without a doubt 3

and you could look at three.ie for their coverage but its preety poor like its much better that what they show
    preety much every town over 1500 in ireland has 3G coverage with 3
    I believe its 85% of the population in comparision to vodafones 65%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

you know ive had problems with that too and im certain i was in a 3g area cause it said so on the phone (plus it was in tallaght which is covered). i know the bloody thing works because my brother video called me. ah well probably just a fluke. i only really text anyway :D

Advertisement