Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Football Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Very interesting idea, but I don't think it will ever get off the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Quite genius to be honest, hope it takes off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Great idea

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Stupid idea. Who are they going to buy for 1.35m and even if they did manage to get a club how would they buy players etc?

Leeds are currently top of the list and unless they can raise 35m good luck to them. I would imagine that the fans of whatever club they try to buy will go nuts.

Unless of course they try to buy a conference north side.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

50,000 people a week voting for the team and formation each week? I'd hate to be a fan of the team they buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

purchase fee on link £1.375,000 / 50,000 members x £35 = £1.750,000 ???????????????
    i smell a rat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ROCKMAN wrote:
    purchase fee on link £1.375,000 / 50,000 members x £35 = £1.750,000 ???????????????
    i smell a rat.
    There's no point in buying a club and having no money to do anything with it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ok maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Wish people would read:

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/faq.php

Of this annual membership fee, £27.50 goes into the club and £7.50 towards the staffing, day-to-day running, maintenance and upgrades to the MyFootballClub site. The average dating website charges £10 a month - MyFootballClub works out at 63p a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Awful idea. Can see a lot of people getting stung for £35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Why is it such an awful idea? Me and a mate were talking about it in work today and we both thought it was pretty cool.
    It's just like a real life game of Champo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

would the league allow this type of thing? it seems awfully messy...

i like the principal of collective ownership of clubs by fans and that where they can have some say in what goes on. but voting on formation and the team is a bit over the top. still, it'd be interesting to see how they'd fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Members will have a vote on transfers, player selection and all major decisions affecting the club.
    *shudder* :(

50,000 people trying to agree on a consensus? That'd be fun. There's only a couple hundred people on the Soccer Forum and there's constant arguments as to who is or is not a sh1t playing. And what about a manager? Who are the fans gonna blame when it all goes pearshaped?

Good luck to them but i can't see it being any more than a gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

as much as i'd like to own a football club, i won't be wasting my money on this daft idea !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

would they have a manager then?
    Would you vote on team talks?
    45% voted for "Do it for the fans, we pay your wages!"
    40% voted for an angry rant with the table kicked over
    15% voted for atari jaguar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

over 22 500 ppl now registered.. even if it didnt work at least they are trying something new..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thought I'd bump this thread.

MyFootballClub has been a success.

Would it work in Ireland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colster wrote: »
    http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6639407.stm

This is an interesting idea. Would it work with an Irish club?

JUst saw this was a very old thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Thought I'd bump this thread.

MyFootballClub has been a success.

Calling it a success after just one season is a bit OTT in my opinion.

I hope it never happens in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Well, they won some kind of FA cup, and they've proved the concept works, in the sense that it was democratic and there were no major ****ups.

I think it'd be good in Ireland. Why? Because it'd add more interest in our league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

There are a few members clubs here, you wont get to pick the team though. I believe its been a failure in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

AARRRGH wrote: »

No, there would have to be an interest in the League of Ireland. Which there clearly isn't.

Advertisement