Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Subjects?

Options
  • 09-05-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm about to undertake the H Dip in Education. Having done a Physiology Science degree my subject choice is limited to Biology really. I can also teach Science at JC level. Was wondering are there any subjects Im qualified to teach at any level? What are the prospects for a Biology teacher currently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

You could probably teach junior certificate maths. If you've done it in university at all, that qualifies you as I understand it.
    With a degree in physiology, you might be ok for health education (or whatever the english for Oideachas Sláinte is) though you wouldn't fill out many hours with that.

As for job prospects, everyone and his dog seems to have biology as a subject so you'll probably have to work hard for a job somewhere you want to be. On the upside, biology is also the most popular of the sciences for students so there are more job oppertunities for biology teachers too.

Advertisement