Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footnotes in Word - A question

• 09-05-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I hope this is the right forum for this -

I have a document with a load of footnotes on each page. Each footnote starts on a new line but I'd prefer them to go accross horizontally instead of downwards. Any idea how to do this or if it's even possible?

I.e. I want:

1. footnote 2. footnote 3. footnote

rather than the standard:

1. footnote
    2. footnote
    3. footnote

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Are you using word? The below is for standard footnotes - but maybe you'll have a chance to alter it as you enter it.

Insert a footnote or an endnote
    1. In print layout view, click where you want to insert the note reference mark.
    2. On the Insert menu, click Footnote.
    3. Click Footnote or Endnote.
    4. Under Numbering, click the option you want.
    5. For Help on an option, click the question mark and then click the option.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Word inserts the note number and places the insertion point next to the note number.

Type the note text.

Scroll to your place in the document and continue typing.
    Note In printed documents and in printed documents that you're viewing online, Word, by default, places footnotes at the end of each page and endnotes at the end of the document. You can change the placement of footnotes so that they appear directly below the text. Similarly, you can change the placement of endnotes so that they appear at the end of each section.

Advertisement