Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercings

Options
  • 09-05-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

i know that here it is very un recomended, but about peircings in georges arcade..has anybody had something done there that went badly wrong? i know its cheap and has a bad rep but is it really that bad to get something done there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 princess k

hiya...got the top of my ear pierced there few years ago...got badly infected,had to take it out. they pierced it with a gun...got it pierced again with a needle and i still have it in. my brother got eyebrow done there too with a gun and it literally fell out. wouldnt recommend going there to be honest....theres a good place in temple bar,under zulu tattoo parlour...good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its usually ok for just your ear but i wouldnt get anything other than an ear done in there but even then its not guaranteed itl be ok.my bf got his ear done in there a few weeks ago,got very very badly infected and it was horrible.its just lucky if you dont get infected from there i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lil-Dysfunction

its not really that i cant find somewhere decent to get something done just more that i havnt got alot of money and ive got the urge for something new, it's my nose im dying to get done, the only other piercings i have are my lobes and two helix's [those two were done by my friend with a safety pin, they wer infected but it worked out eventualy] does anybody have any idea how much getting your nose done cost's in a proper place?
    im fulla questions :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Mine cost €25, so not a lot. This was a few years back. It's worth it IMO, the thought of a stud getting shot through my nostril makes me cringe.

You get what you pay for, don't let anyone near your face with a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

my freind got the top of her ear done with the gun, it badly infected and swollen, the ear started to grow over the stud, she had to get the stud cut out.
    and i have seen the woman put on a pair of glove to go pierce someone, then tidy around abit (picking stuff off the floor) then go back and pierce them without changing the gloves.

• Advertisement

yeah its really really bad in there but people keep going back because its so cheap a nose in there is something like seven or eight euro!

that is pretty bad. ive just heard that a new piercing place opend in ashbourne near where i live. mite get in done there instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

that is pretty bad. ive just heard that a new piercing place opend in ashbourne near where i live. mite get in done there instead :D
    I think thats celestial ring that opened in ashbourne.

I'd highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I agree with Alter-Ego. My sister works there. Aine also pierces there, and she's well cool. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

that place in georges arcade is an abomination. i worked in the arcade for a few years (in showco - not in the piercing place) and can honestly say that there is nothing sterile about it.
    and that gun - i stupidly got my belly button pierced there (i was underage and stupid - they didnt ask for ID) and got a nice infection and two keloids from the experience. every subsequent piercing was done in celestial ring or bodyshock.

i mean come on - that gun - by which I and countless others have been pierced - has never been cleaned properly. plasma cannot be removed simply by giving it a wipe - and as far as i know they don't have a centrifuge on the premises.

no no no. you are better (and safer) off going to CR or another professional, sterile environment for piercing purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

No no no and NO!!!

i stupidly got my belly button done there,we all make our mistakes.....NEVER would i recommend that place to my worst enemy!!

Literally yer man was eating a tuna Sambo, i went in and asked can i have my belly button pierced. he said sure, dropped the sambo picked up the gun and bang...that was me done...No cleaning it, or his hands...i remember it cost me 4 pounds!!! Thank GOD i didnt get an infection....

Please please learn from our mistakes!!!!!! That place should be shut down!

He does bellybuttons with the gun?! ****. Tell me he's not still doing that :(

Jesus.

That's all I can say.

they do eyebrows in there with guns too,pretty worrying,ive talked a few people out of getting their tongues and such in there,its just not worth the risk

Bloody hell. That makes me angry. Way to give the body mod industry a bad name :(

yeah ive seen some pretty bad infections coming from that place:(

200th post:D

I had my nipple done there. I was like 15, don't shout at me!!!! And it was REALLY dodgy for two years. He wanted to do it with a gun and all... NOT messing.

least it didnt fall off lol :)

HAHAHAHA!!!

I love my nipple too much for that to happen.

Yoo much information, right? [face_doh!]

Guns? Nipples? *puke*

Oh, and he'd pierce a 15 year old's nipple? Isn't that dodgy as hell?

• Advertisement

Um, yeah.

I was 15. I was dared 50 quid. I wasn't gonna say no!!!!

haha, this has pretty much changed my mind completely even tho i was soooo set on gettin it done in the arcade.
    yay safe piercing..someday..soon...i hope..:rolleyes:

just got to celestial ring or metalmorphisis at least you wont catch diseases from there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Up until recently they used a hairbrush steriliser to clean all their equipment. Then you look at celestial ring, adonis or snakebite, any of the reputable places in fact......in Adonis with Glen I have to wash my hands, put on gloves, get all the equipment ready, then clean the area being pierced, before doing anything. The needles and jewellery are in unopened sterile bags, and always get opened just before you use them to minimise air contamination. Afterwards any reusable equipment (forceps or scissors etc) goes through three stages of cleaning, the last of which is the autoclave. Then you look at the fact that they use a gun for almost everything..... jesus. It makes me so angry. My mum's a doctor and is all for introducing hygiene and equipment standards for piercers. Its the kinda thing we (the "piercing community") should lobby for, even if it's just to stop all the bad press. I'm getting angry just sitting here thinking about it >_< ^_^

Yeah. I'm obviously gonna recommend CR above the others, due to personal preference. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. That's all I'm gonna say. But jesus, stay awaaaay from the arcade. Leave that to the skangers who insist on having their stupid looking madonnas done by a gun for a tenner.

I think it has more to do with price than being un informed about the proper way to pierce.its 6 euro for a nose piercing there and something like 25 in celestial ring most idiots will just go for the cheaper option

Ha, exactly. I've heard that sooo many times. Ugh. 6e for an infection and possible loss of my nose (Haha). Pass. I'll have a pint instead.

ive gotten my ears done there loads of times out of pure boredom,my bus stop is right outside it lol i got both my tragus done in there with a gun:eek: looking back probably wasnt a good idea

hmmmmmm....
    Well I went to celestial ring to get my nose done on tuesday, but I got turned away cause I'm not 16 yet. Pretty deflated bout it. :(
    But the girl was real nice bout it though and she gave me the 10% off voucher thingy and told me to come back next month after my birthday.
    I guess I'm just gonna have to wait some more, I'm a tad bit scared to back though cause she was so nice and I was there 'but it says on the door if you have a parent....' :rolleyes:
    Copped on a bit when I was thinking about it later though, I respect where she was coming from and all now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

hmmmmmm....
    Well I went to celestial ring to get my nose done on tuesday, but I got turned away cause I'm not 16 yet. Pretty deflated bout it. :(
    But the girl was real nice bout it though and she gave me the 10% off voucher thingy and told me to come back next month after my birthday.
    I guess I'm just gonna have to wait some more, I'm a tad bit scared to back though cause she was so nice and I was there 'but it says on the door if you have a parent....' :rolleyes:
    Copped on a bit when I was thinking about it later though, I respect where she was coming from and all now
    Yeah she rocks, she gave me the 10% card as well when she really didn't have to, I forgot my I.D and even though I am and look well over eighteen I respect that they give a damn instead of just making a quick bit of cash.

Advertisement