Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has any politician called to your door?

• 09-05-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

...and if so, what did you say to them? What questions did you ask? What did you think of their replies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

no none have called to mine as far as I'm aware.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I won't be getting any as I live in a flat, they never bother

hehe I remember years ago when I was in a house they called and gave my leaflets and I gave them some IrelandOffLine stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

McCann shuffled past my house and dumped his BS leaflet in the letterbox and kept going. Just as well. He's the only one that isnt absolutely screaming for a university.

Martin Cullen's people knocked on the door to hand in the leaflet, so I went on a tirade about primary school class sizes.

Mary Roche has been around too, and was very good. She has a small team around her for leaflets etc so I was surprised to get a visit.

I havent met anyone else yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Trotter wrote:
    He's the only one that isnt absolutely screaming for a university.

"Screaming for it". That's the expression I will use if anyone comes around here (none have so far). They have to be screaming for a university, or else they won't get a hearing at my door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

We got the leaflets through the door, but I am not otherwise aware of any that called to the house personally. But like Cabaal, if they do, I will be giving them a few promotional flyers for IrelandOffline, and links to the relevent sections of boards.ie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

I got Brendan McCann's Lackie and told her where the hell to go and no way will i be giving that eejit my vote... tried to tell me that KRM have no history with developing shopping centres, I pointed it out to her that Brendan McCann was a maths lecturer and not an archtiect or urban planner...

Also one of my neighbours set his dog on Brendan McCann and it was so funny to see him running down the street with a dog nipping at his heels:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bards wrote:
    Also one of my neighbours set his dog on Brendan McCann and it was so funny to see him running down the street with a dog nipping at his heels:D

Yes and all he had to do was stop, let your stupid neighbor's dog bite him and he could get it put down,

While it might sound great your neighbor was extremely foolish doing such a thing

Cabaal wrote:
    Yes and all he had to do was stop, let your stupid neighbor's dog bite him and he could get it put down,

While it might sound great your neighbor was extremely foolish doing such a thing

well no point telling me that my neighbour was stupid!!!

anyhow someone did the same to Martin Cullen at the last election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the leader 64

thank god i have no body caling to me yet.

the only think i got was election material from the canidates and went straight in th bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Have had the usual tripe shoved under the door, but no sign of any candidates, although my parents who live next door, thought that John Deasy was in the area last night/yesterday evening, I wouldn't have minded winding him up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

john halligan called yesterday, there was no1 in the house with a vote tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No-ones called but then I have a sign in my window requesting they don't! That said I've not spotted or heard anyone down my street.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Spoke to Mary Roche, very nice women. She spoke about some of the Fine Gael reps that are running for election in Waterford, and also about WIT and the University Status.

Some women came for Brendan McAnn and when she asked that I give him my number one vote I refused. She said "Oh, not able to vote yet?" and I said "Oh I am, but I dont agree with his policys. He objects to way to much" and she gets in a right huff and storms of saying "Thats fine anyway, because the majority are supporting him".

Found it very amusing. I just ripped up his leaflet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I met McCann yesterday. He has a wild look in his eyes.. His mannerisms are at best concerning, at worst he'd make a show of us in the Dáil.

His legs would be knackered from cycling to Dublin lol :D

sounds like the one that came to me door a few weeks back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jayp

I've got no politicians to the door, instead all I keep getting is a handful of leaflets through the letterbox every day - I think I should enquire about getting a free green bin ticket with the amount leaflets I have at the moment:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully wrote:
    Spoke to Mary Roche, very nice women. She spoke about some of the Fine Gael reps that are running for election in Waterford, and also about WIT and the University Status.

Some women came for Brendan McAnn and when she asked that I give him my number one vote I refused. She said "Oh, not able to vote yet?" and I said "Oh I am, but I dont agree with his policys. He objects to way to much" and she gets in a right huff and storms of saying "Thats fine anyway, because the majority are supporting him".

Found it very amusing. I just ripped up his leaflet.

The impression I get from the News & Star today is the opposite of what she said ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mealone42

Bards wrote:
    I got Brendan McCann's Lackie and told her where the hell to go and no way will i be giving that eejit my vote... tried to tell me that KRM have no history with developing shopping centres, I pointed it out to her that Brendan McCann was a maths lecturer and not an archtiect or urban planner...

I would shoot the dog for being so stupid as to waste a bite on that ****ing idiot. At least the people spoke and rejected that idiot. maybe he will learn now that people only laugh at him.

Advertisement