Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage question

Options
  • 09-05-2007 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

My fiancie (spelling???) got a call from the mortage broker today saying she had recieved the letter of offer from the bank (Ulster Bank). We'd had a few preliminerly offer's and decieded to go with Ulster.

It was only a voicemail she got (her phone was off most of the day due to being in hospital) does that mean that Ulster bank have doen their various checks and are saying a definite yes to the mortage??

Sorry may sound like a stupid question, but it's a first mortage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

AFAIK, thats the letter of writing to say yahoooooooo! Usually the solicitor gets you to sign it when you are signing the various contracts to buy the house.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Congratulations on getting the mortgage. Word of warning though. I have my mortgage with Ulster Bank for the moment but I'll be moving it soon because they're a nightmare to deal with. In particular, make sure you get the Tax Relief at Source documentation sorted at the beginning. They made a mess of mine and it took nearly two years before a) someone spotted that they hadn't been applying it, and b) to rectify the error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Yes, a letter of offer means that the bank are willing to give ye a mortgage. However, make sure that the terms and conditions are agreeable to you before you sign on the dotted line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

stepbar wrote:
    Yes, a letter of offer means that the bank are willing to give ye a mortgage. However, make sure that the terms and conditions are agreeable to you before you sign on the dotted line.

Yeah, thanks I got it confirmed this morning!!!
    Pretty cool, since I wasn't sure if my misadventures in credit carl world a few years ago where going to raise their nasty head.

Advertisement