Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluval FX5 Canister Filter

Options
  • 09-05-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

hey guys!

Im looking to buy a fluval fx5, but am having trouble finding somewhere that sells it in Ireland, anyone know of anywhere that sells them? and if i can't find anywhere i will most likely buy it off the internet off these guys cause the shipping would be free.

http://www.aquatics-kingdoms.com/

anyone have experiance with them before?

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 WiiFallenAngel

Hello Liam,

Here is a good website for Irish fish keepers, I am on there but have not posted in a long time. They should be able to help you out, I know some of them work in the pet shop business.

http://irishfishkeepers.com/forum/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Petstop in Blanchardstown SC had them last week, loads of them, I'd say they still have some left at least. Had a look at them myself, looks amazing, definately going to go with one of them for my next tank upgrade, which will be soon hopefully.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've had problems with external Fluvals before. Leaks(Big issue with externals), breakdowns. refusal to start the impeller. The main issue is that if anything does go wrong spares are very very difficult to get when the product range changes(every year). Try getting spares for a two year old fluval. Forget it. This isn't much of an issue with cheap internal filters, but it does become an issue with externals.

That's why I went for the Eheims. They are pricier, but you do get what you pay for. Much better construction, better parts tolerance and if anything does go wrong they guarantee a supply of spares of at least 10 years after the model is discontinued. You can still get parts for stuff they made in the 60's :eek: When you factor in the longterm cost then the initial price difference is far less. The filter media is better and it looks like a higher capacity too. The Fluvals do have a higher flow rate, but I found that not to be as big a deal as you might think. I found they had far more bypass on the filter than the Eheim.

DON'T buy Eheims in Ireland though, the prices here are beyond belief. Up to double the price compared online.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mbuna

Got mine ai Aquapaws aquatics in clifden €295
    No Complaints with the filter.

Advertisement