Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got the Final Fantasy for the DS

Options
  • 09-05-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Has any one played final fantasy III for the DS? Is it worth buying

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I bought it the other day with my new DS Lite and Im loving it so far. It plays very well and looks great on the DS, there is alot of leveling up involved as the enemies are quite tricky at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I have it but I'm only about an hour and a half in so far. I like what little 've played, lovely graphics and classic FF gameplay. I've had to do a bit of levelling up so far but it's been rewarding so I haven't minded. I'm looking forward to getting proper access to the Jobs system though, that was one of my favourite things in FFV so I hope it's the same with III.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Does it work on the original ds as well....i heard that some games only work on the ds lite

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

All DS games work on both DS systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I love watching the intro to the game on my DS...it looks so good for a handheld!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very tempted by this game. I'd say the old school gameplay will really suit the handheld format.

It does suit the handheld very well. I'm about 15 and a half hours in and loving it so far. It's nice and old school and plays very well. It's challenging enough at times but even when I get wiped out on a difficult boss I always feel there's something I can do differently next time to defeat it. Nice graphics and music too, I'd definitely recmmend it if you're a fan of the earlier Final Fantasy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

got it along with my ds on friday.was playing for about 7 hours consective on saturday morning from 4 am onwards..........what a game-reinstated my fate in ff games-aint played any since x and x-2 -both awful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I've heard save points are a bit rare, especially coming up to boss fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

not really, once your in world ie.between towns/dungoens, ye can save,and theres a lot of times when ye are
    and the quicksave comes in handy alot

• Advertisement

The dungeons are usually short enough so you never really notice the lack of save points in dungeons. There are a couple of exceptions to that though.

I finished the game yesterday, took about 30 hours and I really enjoyed it.

this game has been getting average reviews on many magazines websites around 6/10 but dont believe them its more like a 9/10, its really really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

I've just started this game (up to the end of the 'intro' bit, really), and so far I'm liking it, but one thing is bothering me; How do you resurrect people once they lose all their HP? Healing springs and inns don't seem to do it, I don't have a life spell, the shops don't carry Phoenix downs and the manual offers no help. Anyone else found this, or am I missing something obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Trode wrote:
    I've just started this game (up to the end of the 'intro' bit, really), and so far I'm liking it, but one thing is bothering me; How do you resurrect people once they lose all their HP? Healing springs and inns don't seem to do it, I don't have a life spell, the shops don't carry Phoenix downs and the manual offers no help. Anyone else found this, or am I missing something obvious?
    Some of the healing springs restore your Hp and Mp and some of them revive any dead characters (they both look the same though).

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

Just bought this, looking forward to playing it when I get home this evening. I was reading a few mediocre reviews online. It's heartening to hear more positive feedback here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I started it and pretty shortly after there was a hugely irritating difficulty spike so the game went off and hasn't been on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i actually bought this the day it was released but only started playing today. it seems really fun, its making me want to play ffvi again. i love this style of gameplay, it seems worlds apart from ffxii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I've gotten to the final boss, but to finish it, I'll need to level up at least 10 levels, so I haven't touched it in a while...

Advertisement