Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to go for an estimate for merc bodywork

Options
  • 09-05-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi someone dented the side of my 2001 EClass, both rear and driver door have scratch and dint.

Any recommendations where to go for an estimate or just any merc dealer?

The perpetrator is liable and will pay, he hasnt decided whether he will pay it or get his insurance to. I assume with a merc even minor body work is expensive and he will get a fright and get his insurance to pay. In that case will his company dictate where I get it done or can I just go to any garage now and get a quote.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

chances are a main dealer will just sub contract the job out to a local bodyshop. id go to a reputable bodyshop rather than a main dealer myself. i would imagine the main dealer will be quite expensive, but that isnt a guarantee of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

bo-bo wrote:
    i would imagine the main dealer will be quite expensive, but that isnt a guarantee of quality.

Very true. A few years ago main dealer in Limerick sprayed my fathers then 3 mth old car without putting on a primer. The problem did not emerge until the car was a few years old and started to bubble up with rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bo-bo wrote:
    chances are a main dealer will just sub contract the job out to a local bodyshop
    ....and add a handsome margin to the bodyshop's price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

....and add a handsome margin to the bodyshop's price!

i suppose it depends on how much the op wants to punish the "perpetrator" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Where are you based ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Hi Pole

The very same thing happened to me in my 00 S320, guy reversed into my Driver's door (new door required). I got quotes from Ashmore Ryder in Ringsend (approx €2,200 including car hire for 3 days). Gerry Maguire (porche's, cl55s, SL55s, E type jags) in Percy Lane gave me a quote for €1,700 so a fair bit less and I'd trust him more.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

I can vouch for The Motorbody Workshop in Kilcoole, north Wicklow. Not cheap, but very good 01-2877321, or www.mbw.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Thanks for the advice guys.

And no, I dont wanna punish the perpetrator, once I can get the job done!

And MercMad Im in Dublin, got the car recently in Annesley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

And MercMad Im in Dublin, got the car recently in Annesley.

.......the call Gregg martin Motors, ask for Brendan, he does all their work and deals direct with insurance, 8394958, in Kilbarrack.

Advertisement