Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs temperature 103!

Options
  • 09-05-2007 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

My new little addition - I have named her Zac is doing quite well. Even the dobies now like her. She had a lung infection when I found her and is on anti-biotics but this is clearing up quite well according to the vet.

She is still running a temperature of 103 though.:eek: She prefers to rest in the jeep rather than go for walks so I leave her behind. Vet thinks there may be permanent damage to her lung(s) - hopefully not.

What's the normal temperature range / heart rate for dogs?

My main worry is that until this clears up she can't be vacinated and also the dobies are quite energetic when playing which exhausts her before they have even got into their stride. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Body Temperature
    Canine "normal" body temperature range is 100.5 - 102.5 Fahrenheit (38 - 39.2 Celsius).
    A body temperature below 100 or above 103F warrants a call to your veterinarian. Body temperature in dogs is most often measured rectally, ear thermometers can also be used, but it can be difficult to get an accurate reading. Gauging body temperature by the moistness of the nose or how warm the ears feel is not reliable.

Heart Rate
    70-120 beats per minute
    Larger dogs have slower rates than small dogs, and dogs that are in good physical shape will have lower heart rates than dogs of similar age and size who are not physically fit. Puppies typically have higher heart rates, up to 180 beats per minute is normal up to one year of age.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesconditionsfaqs/tp/TP_dogfacts.htm

You will need to keep a close eye on his temp. Hope he pulls out of it.

Cheers

Advertisement