Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend webdesign program for newbie? alternative to dreamweaver?

Options
  • 09-05-2007 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi
    can anyone recommened a free web design program / html editor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

For web design i'd recommend Photoshop, but if you cant get your hands on that there is a free alternative www.gimp.org
    For site editing Dreamweaver is a good WYSIWYG editor, but you just cant beat doing the HTML yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MrMufti

Hey,

You won't like the answer but the best method is always do your HTML direct with notepad, kwrite, vi etc. Sad, but true; work in plain text.

Then match your HTML files with style sheets (also in plain text) and you have full control over *everything*.

There are endless tutorials on the web for all of these.

As stated above, for anything to do with graphics, including fancy lettering, use The Gimp - which a super tutorial here.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

PHP Designer 2007 Professional is a very good html editor as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

cheers for the replies guys, i would prefer to code it myself but i need to get something done...but i have some options now .. thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I would also put forward Homesite+ - always prefered it to Dreamweaver

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Michael_Burke

jon1981 wrote: »
    hi
    can anyone recommened a free web design program / html editor?

you could try coffecup aswell, its always nice to have have options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Notepad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

This thread is 5 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

It is not closed so far :-)
    From my experience I use Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2003. It's free but not supported by Microsoft anymore. New version 2007 can be used only for sharepoint website, but old 2003 was perfect FREE replacement of Adobe Dreawaver.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement