Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WooHoo!!!! (contains miniscule spoiler about a Judgment Day match)

• 10-05-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

I have been praying for this for a few days now. My prayers are finally answered.

Chris Benoit Vs. Montel Vontavious Porter for the United States Championship in a two out of three falls match.

This has to be a classic match, MVP has become a great wrestler in the last few months and Benoit always delivers. I hope this match is given the time it deserves to be a classic. I may even buy the PPV now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Should be a good match alright. Although it seems almost given that MVP will win. I mean, can Benoit really beat him for the 4th (at least 4th, I think?) time? The booking's a little silly, but great wrestling can overcome bad booking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kahli vs Cena is stopping me from buying this PPV; no way in hell am i going to pay for that rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Tauren wrote:
    Kahli vs Cena is stopping me from buying this PPV; no way in hell am i going to pay for that rubbish.

I'm not sure I'll buy it but I'm kinda intrigued how the WWE are going to manage a Cena Khali main event.

On MVP, we'll know much he's improved after his feud ends with Benoit and he's in the ring with somebody else.

I have no problem how they're booking MVP Benoit either. By making MVP chase it should make it mean so much more when he finally wins. Beating Benoit should be seen to be a really big deal. Plus, all of the matches up to this point have been very competitive. If anything, MVP has gained steam from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Khali v Cena will go down as a classic...
    Wrestlecrap vs Wrestlecrap!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Khali v Cena will go down as a classic...
    Wrestlecrap vs Wrestlecrap!

VR!
    hmmm, i thought people would start to get off Cena's back after his performances over the past few months. I think you are being very unfair to him at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Cena isnt really that bad a wrestler. I dont understand why WWE fans would pay hundereds of dollars to go to wrestlemania just so they could boo the top face out of the building. I think when the face gets booed that badly it ruins the show for everyone. WWE are definitly doing somthing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

What WWE is doing wrong is they are simply doing the exact same thing that they did with HHH years ago.....make one man the head of the business and force them down the throats of the fans.

They tried to replicate this "one man can sell the show" mentality with HHH that began with Austin, and had some success, but people got sick of him always being champ. The same is happening with Cena.

Cena isn't a bad wrestler, and has definately improved since he first won the title. He just isn't good enough to carry the show like he is doing for as long as he's been doing it. For Cena to be as good as they want him to be, i think he needs to get out of the spotlight. He could sharpen his wrestling skills and add variety to his matches. Then he wouldn't have to always do the same spot finish he's famous for.

What will annoy me most about Khali Vs Cena is they have built up Khali for Cena to knock down. They really need to change the tune with Cena .

MVP has been great. I think they have built up this guy so much.I think they might throw the belt on MVP. I think it might be too early for it. I would enjoy seeing the feud going on longer .

He just isn't good enough to carry the show like he is doing for as long as he's been doing it..

In what sense though? I mean he hasn't exactly always entertained me for his long run at the top but he's drawn pretty well. PPV's aren't at any great level but merchandise and house show business (particularly the last 2 years) have been good to very good with him on top. Also, he generally delivers in every ppv match he's in.

I said this before but besides Rock, Hogan and Austin, he's probably the next biggest drawing babyface the WWE has ever had.

So he mightn't be everybody's cup of tea all of the time but he's not been the top guy in the WWE for this long because Vince thinks he's a swell guy. He's up there for a reason and thats because he was, is and continues to be their biggest draw right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Vince135792003, you make a very good point about his sales, and he was a big draw face, but i disagree with him now being the biggest drawing face. He's lost that status. Children still follow him, because he's their generations version of Hogan, but if you listen to the crowds, he's no longer over with the majority. WWE are simply trying to make people like someone who the majority want to hate. And i think the source of this hate is WWE trying to make an average wrestler unbeatable.

• Advertisement

Vince135792003, you make a very good point about his sales, and he was a big draw face, but i disagree with him now being the biggest drawing face. He's lost that status. Children still follow him, because he's their generations version of Hogan, but if you listen to the crowds, he's no longer over with the majority. WWE are simply trying to make people like someone who the majority want to hate. And i think the source of this hate is WWE trying to make an average wrestler unbeatable.

Thats a fair point. He's got a weird crowd dynamic going for the top good guy. It can't be said that he's universially loved. However, people still show up whether they want to boo or cheer him. They still come and thats the key. Plus attendances are good this year.

Its when the people stop coming that they have a problem and you know that they have gone with the pat hand too long.

I'm not saying I want to see Cena doing the same thing for the next 2 years. I think they will need to change but just not right now. They still have some juice left with him as a babyface on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Tauren wrote:

agreed. at least in the last few ppvs there was a chance that cena could lose the title, but at this one there is no chance. thay are obvously not going to give the championship to kahli. i could see cena winning by dq, maby orton attacks him during the match, after the match, orton and kahli double teaming cena, which would leave a triple threat possible for king of the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

agreed. at least in the last few ppvs there was a chance that cena could lose the title, but at this one there is no chance. thay are obvously not going to give the championship to kahli. i could see cena winning by dq, maby orton attacks him during the match, after the match, orton and kahli double teaming cena, which would leave a triple threat possible for king of the ring
    Lets hope not Khali/Cena/Orton........Couldn't think of a worse combination unless of course you throw umaga in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I can see both MIchaels and Orton(edge if, well ull see soon) all coming down and helping Cena against kahli as pay back for him attacking them last week! Like it or not,orton has gone after both faces and heels in the past and michaels is michaels..
    Also if kahli took an RKO,superkick and the FU it would still make him look like the moster that he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

They tried to replicate this "one man can sell the show" mentality with HHH that began with Austin, and had some success, but people got sick of him always being champ. The same is happening with Cena.
    QUOTE]
    But HHH was heel. Infact probably up there with flair as the best heel of all time. The internet fans hated him for the same reason they hate Cena now. Repetive matchs, seeing him doing the same thing week sfter week. The kids hated him cus he was the bad guy.
    Cena is supposed to be face!? For me personally it ruins the match when two guys are tryin to tell a story in the ring and the crowd are just ****ting on everything the face dose. It high time he turned heel but WWE are making to much money off him. Surely they can find face everyone agrees on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Minto wrote:
    Chris Benoit Vs. Montel Vontavious Porter for the United States Championship in a two out of three falls match.
    This is fantastic news. This match should be given at least 30mins and could easily steal the show. Great to see some some 'wrestling' on the card.
    thay are obvously not going to give the championship to kahli
    I'm getting this gut feeling that WWE are gonna do a 'Kane' on sunday. In other words, I have a feeling that khali is going to win the belt only to lose the title back to Cena the next night. It would generate some interest and boost ratings going into RAW.

Advertisement