Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony DCR HC45E: is it any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

They're a good series of camera. I've the DCR-HC96, and I'm well happy with it. You'll definitely be able to do all you want, and more, with that model of camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I bought the camera but I'm having trouble with putting my videos onto my PC, mainly that it doesn't want to work!

I'm using the Handycam station and USB cable that came with the camera but the Import from Handycam software that came with it only wants to use iLink, it says "Cannot find the Handycam (Tape). Check the i.LINK connection to the Handycam".

Any ideas what the trouble is? What's the point of giving me a USB cable with camera if it doesn't work?

Problem solved...I bought a firewire card and cable today and now it works.

**** you Sony for not having a USB that works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 No57

I was at a friend trying to help him out with his DCR HC45....After i installe dthe software like 3 times i remembered my good all friend google....And i guess i found my way here....DAMN U SONY

Anyway....
    @Recon What kind of firewire card & cable and if u don't mind how much did it cost...Ty...Owe you one for the reply so if u answer i'll owe you 2 xD

No57 wrote:
    I was at a friend trying to help him out with his DCR HC45....After i installe dthe software like 3 times i remembered my good all friend google....And i guess i found my way here....DAMN U SONY

Anyway....
    @Recon What kind of firewire card & cable and if u don't mind how much did it cost...Ty...Owe you one for the reply so if u answer i'll owe you 2 xD

No problem No57. I bought a 1394a 3-Port PCI firewire card from Maplin in Blackpool in Cork (I think it's a Maplin own brand card) and a 4 to 6 pin male firewire cable.

The card cost €32ish, very easy to install if you've Windows XP, just open the computer and plug it in. And the cable cost €16.

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 No.75

i Have the FireWire cable. do i need the card??? could sum1 please get bak to me:(

ruaidhri.mccarthy@gmail.com

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If your PC already has a firewire connection you won't need a card.

If it doesn't, you will need one.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 No.75

does the firewire connection look like a usb with a diagonal bit at the end?
    Sorry i dont know very much.:confused::confused:

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yes it does

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement