Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linfield vs Drogheda

• 10-05-2007 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

how many people bet with their hearts and not their heads ?

linfield look like thrashing the Drog's this weekend on the setanta cup final.
    drog's have so many injusy's and suspensions , that they had to field 7 of their under 17 team against sharock rovers. rovers won away 3-0.

now how anybody could possibly be up for linfield is ludicrous.

i just want a huge price for Drogheda ,..... btw im a rovers fan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They didnt "have to" field that weakened a side, they did it with one eye on the this game and also the fact that with Europe its going to be a long season. Linfield have already beaten Drogheda this season. As a club Id have more time for Linfield tbh cant see why it would be ludicrous to be up for them ahead of Drogs. That said I would avoid betting on this game, a draws a very likely result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

now how anybody could possibly be up for linfield is ludicrous.

If the price is right then I'll happily back Linfield, and double it up on Rangers in an Old Firm game.

You really shouldn't have a 'conscience' if you want to be a proper punter.

You are allowed a max of 1 team that you never back against, the team you support.

But you should not have the attitude of 'I hate MUFC/Linfield/Rangers/Arsenal etc therefore I'd never back them'. This potentially costs you money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm the opposite. I rarely back my team. Can't stand losing the game and money...

BTW The earlier game should have no real beaing on this game. Drogheda were practically in pre-season. Their keeper is a liability but other than that, the team they put out on Saturday would be player for player better than Linfields.

I expect a tight game played between two teams with defensive styles. 0-0 is a live possibility, with a saver on 1-0 Linfield my advice.

Unders is an almost certainty IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

linfield will NOT win this match i am certain!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can see both sides being up for it, I already made €300 on drogs this week so gonna put 50 on both for 1-0 6-1ish for both.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

If the price is right then I'll happily back Linfield, and double it up on Rangers in an Old Firm game.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :mad:

good gosh,... ur serious arent you ?
    u'd have to sit there rooting for Linfield to win !! hmmmmm hard earned loot .

Dodge :"I'm the opposite. I rarely back my team. Can't stand losing the game and money..." ..... who do you support ?.. Watford ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge :"I'm the opposite. I rarely back my team. Can't stand losing the game and money..." ..... who do you support ?.. Watford ?
    :rolleyes:

Didn't say they lose often did I?

As ArmaniJeanns said gambling's not about who you want to win, its about what you think will happen.

And redzerdrog is hardly unbiased either ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Linfield are very ordinary, but seem to be able to grind out results.

Drogheda still have an excellent side to put out even with injuries.

15/8 at Boyles is tempting, but Im going for then to win the Cup just in case Linfield hold out for a draw at 90 mins.

15/8:eek: anyone got a lend of a wheelborrow???????????;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

redzerdrog wrote:

Why? You gonna need somewhere to live when you put your mortgage on it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

redzerdrog wrote:

Note the typo....gonna be needing a loan in 45 mins?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Linfield did what they usually do in the Setanta against southern teams.

Get played off the park and hold out and nick a goal. Difference is Drogs came back and in the end deserved the win.

i actually lost a fortune on this match but i couldnt give a fcuk now i had one of the best nights of my life ended up drinking with the team till 5 this morning:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Drinking with the Drogheda team is no great fun, or at least when I bumped into them in Coppers after the cup final in 05 it wasn't anyway.

Don't know how anyone who watched Linfield in the Irish Cup final last week could have thought they'd have enough in the tank for Drogheda. They surprised me by managing to take it to pens though. Glad I only had a small bet on Drogheda to lift the trophy.

Advertisement