Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 3X21 Promo / Pre-Airing Discussion [**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Looks decent-ish, probably one of those set-up episodes to get everything ready for the finale. I think we see the return of
    Carl
    too.

Actually, is the finale a double episode or anything?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, I'm so, SO excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

abelard wrote:
    Looks decent-ish, probably one of those set-up episodes to get everything ready for the finale. I think we see the return of
    Carl
    too.

Actually, is the finale a double episode or anything?

Nope, the finale will be the set-up. It'll all be explained episode 8 of series 4. I hate that they do this to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

damnyanks wrote:
    Nope, the finale will be the set-up. It'll all be explained episode 8 of series 4. I hate that they do this to me!

What are you talking about? That doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just going off previous season endinds. End of season 1, they didnt go into the hatch right?

End of season 2 they got kidnapped and that was it ?

end of series 3....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

damnyanks wrote:
    Just going off previous season endinds. End of season 1, they didnt go into the hatch right?

End of season 2 they got kidnapped and that was it ?

end of series 3....

I agree about season 1 but we still got a lot of answers at the end of season 2 in the form of Desmond's flashback. Also there's going to be a 9 month hiatus this time so this year's finale should be bigger than both of them.

We obviously won't get ALL the answers till the end but I don't really care about that right now. I'm just enjoying the journey and as long as they give us a good cliffhanger and something to talk about for the summer I'll be happy :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

We obviously won't get ALL the answers till the end but I don't really care about that right now. I'm just enjoying the journey and as long as they give us a good cliffhanger and something to talk about for the summer I'll be happy :)

make that summer, autumn and winter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Anyone notice
    Rose and Bernard
    shooting guns! They are all getting in on the act!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Bloody hell. Ben's a proper bastard!

Who else'll be routing for Ben against Jack? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Sayid all the way! New leader of the losties, please!! He can't die!
    Ben will die, leading Locke to become the leader of the others which in effect will bring him to the long awaited Jack-v-Locke battle of beliefs that have been around since the start of the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

rip2roar wrote:
    Sayid all the way! New leader of the losties, please!! He can't die!
    Ben will die, leading Locke to become the leader of the others which in effect will bring him to the long awaited Jack-v-Locke battle of beliefs that have been around since the start of the show.
    Ben won't die. There were big chunks of backstory left out of his flashback, the little girl Annie, his motivation for what he did, etc. There was no reason to leave these gaps unless they're planning to fill them in in future flashbacks. So Ben should survive this season. Hurray! :D

Yeah, he'll definitely stay alive. Why would the writers kill off their arguably most popular character? I think the whole show could be based on just Ben, and it'd be fantastic.

I <3 him, if you didn't get that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Im sooo excited about this one

looks like charlie is gonna die this one (or is it to obvivous?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

E@gle. wrote:
    Im sooo excited about this one

looks like charlie is gonna die this one (or is it to obvivous?)

Too obvious. Don't think they'd announce it so flippantly in a promo, if it was happening this week, unless they know we'll think that and are playing up to our expectations. Throwing us off the scent by making it so incredibly obvious that none of us believes it will happen, despite the fact they've been telling us since episode 8 and then when it does happen, we'll all be shocked because we thought it was too obvious to happen, if that makes sense to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

i suppose it depends if dominic monaghan's lined up for any chat shows that night...it's like a feckin tradition for killed off lost stars...

Aw man, I was so sure the Charlie-death stuff was a red herring but I'm starting to have doubts. I mean they're really rubbing it in our face, it's getting ridiculous. If it is a red herring it's the biggest I've ever seen. But I just can't accept that they would be so obvious. Unless it was supposed to be a red herring and then the hobbit got pissed off and decided he really did want out. But that's unlikely while his girlfriend is still in it and she's not going anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

im gonna go out on a limb
    and say there's no red herring
    and charlie dies next week.

hopefully not though! (not cos i like him, more because its too obvious...)

Charlie will die, but the writers will do something with his character (maybe through flashbacks) that'll lead you to either forgetting Charlie'll probably die or that you'll feel sad that Charlie has died. God alone knows how they'd manage the latter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I think Charlie will die, but in aheroic sense. He will go to his death willinglingly, for the good of the rest of the losties (perhaps claire and aaron particulary)

• Advertisement

That's it I'm giving in, Charlie's going to die :(. The send off they're giving him is too big to pull back from at the last minute. But from the sounds of it it will a nice heroic death that will complete Charlie's arc nicely. I will miss him though.

I suspect the other death won't be nearly so nice as they'll have to compensate for the lack of shock value in Charlie's. Prepare yourselves :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'm thinking its curtains for Charlie too. None of the previous deaths were stated blatantly in advance, so maybe they think that we'll take this as a red herring when we see it in the previews, even though Charlie really will die. I agree he probably will go in some very noble way, maybe doing something like Boone was, trying to contact Naomi's boat or something like that. "Greatest Hits" sounds very ominous too.

i know i say this every eposide. But this looks like its gonna be the best one ever

E@gle. wrote:
    i know i say this every eposide. But this looks like its gonna be the best one ever
    Nah, there's no chance that this'll be better than the last one. Mainly due to the fact that the flashbacks are Charlie's, the number one contender to the title of most annoying gob****e prick thing (Jack being the holder, of course.)

Nah, there's no chance that this'll be better than the last one. Mainly due to the fact that the flashbacks are Charlie's, the number one contender to the title of most annoying gob****e prick thing (Jack being the holder, of course.)

Yeah i agree with you and the charlie thing i hope the do actually kill him off this one, so we dont have to listen to him whinging anymore. I reckon the last scene will of the next eposide will just be before the others are about to attack the camp. Just to leave us on the edge of our seat for week after eposide.

First sneak peak:

"We're gonna blow them all to hell!"

http://www.dailymotion.com/DarkUFO/video/x1ygpj_opr14bwy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

John Locke is lord.

After 91 days on the Island, Jack's hair has finally grown about 1mm. About time. Everyone elses hair has been getting longer, while his just stays perfectly shaved to the same point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Faith wrote:
    After 91 days on the Island, Jack's hair has finally grown about 1mm. About time. Everyone elses hair has been getting longer, while his just stays perfectly shaved to the same point.

Mr_Angry wrote:

The character of Richard now definitely has new depth, not least because of his agelessness.

....surely all of them must be aware that Ben wasn't born on the island? Surely all of them must be aware of Ben's duplicity? .

So, some people age, and some don't, and at what point to you stop aging?

Anyhow

perhaps Jack was born on the island, and thats why he doesn't age...
    ...or perhaps they just don't care about continuity.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote:

They have razors and stuff on the island. Jack could've shaved his head before the hatch exploded and then again while he was living with the others. It'd be funny if in his flashback in the finale we see Tom giving him a haircut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looks good but i dont think it can be as good as ep 20. As for charlie, i think he is a goner.

Here's a promo for the season finale. Don't get excited, it's just a bunch of (old) shots of the characters with announcer voice blah blah blah. No spoilers, unless your one of the 5 people who really think a certain character died last week.

http://5.upload.dailymotion.com/DarkUFO/video/x1zax6_6dfe879438903

Here's a promo for the season finale. Don't get excited, it's just a bunch of (old) shots of the characters with announcer voice blah blah blah. No spoilers, unless your one of the 5 people who really think a certain character died last week.

http://5.upload.dailymotion.com/DarkUFO/video/x1zax6_6dfe879438903
    I'm nearly sure that all the
    Locke
    shots are old ones. Still looks likely that he's done a Lazarus on it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone think Jin might be about to die? I've not heard him mentioned. They're coming for Sun so it wouldn't surprise me if he died in an effort to save her.

I hope not because I like him but I think it's very possible as I'm not sure where else they can go with his character...

Anyone think Jin might be about to die? I've not heard him mentioned. They're coming for Sun so it wouldn't surprise me if he died in an effort to save her.

I hope not because I like him but I think it's very possible as I'm not sure where else they can go with his character...

I was thinking Jin for a while too but it's very unlikely imo. Him and Sun are a pair, it would be very difficult to kill one and leave the other as it would doom the survivor to mourning forever. I think the writers would want to avoid writing themselves into a corner again like they did with Shannon and Boone. They had the same problem last season with Walt, the young actor was too old and had to be written out so his father Michael had to go too. The main reason characters die is to make room for new characters and Jin doesn't take up that much space tbh.

In fact, if I were to bet on any two characters surviving till the end, it's Sun and Jin.

• Advertisement

Yeah i agree Prof, and as for me, i actually like Jin, i know he does not get many parts in the show but the ones he is in, his character is likeable. One not to dumb yet at least. He is a good man to have around when the Others attack and is not afraid to be in the thick of it.

I love the Hurley and Jin scenes also. Hurely taking the piss and Jin not having a clue whats going on.

As far as I know Daniel Dae Kim has a better contract than anyone on the show, contracting him until the end of season 6, so it's very doubtful that he dies.

As far as I know Daniel Dae Kim has a better contract than anyone on the show, contracting him until the end of season 6, so it's very doubtful that he dies.

Where did you get that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Looking glass... niccccceeeeee

• Advertisement
Advertisement