Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys or ANother

Options
  • 10-05-2007 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a question, I have a Belkin modem/router and it has given intermttent disconnections to my ISP (Imagine). Have rung Imagine and they say its my router. It's in warranty so I won't need to buy another and the shop where I bought say I can bring it back and get a credit note

I have heard that Linksys is good as they are a division of Cisco.

Anyone any thoughts on what routers are good and which are bad....

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I have a linksys product (wireless-G usb network adaptor) and its great not a single complaint with it.So the quality of the products is good if thats any help to you at all

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

batman2000 wrote:
    Hey all,

I have a question, I have a Belkin modem/router and it has given intermttent disconnections to my ISP (Imagine). Have rung Imagine and they say its my router. It's in warranty so I won't need to buy another and the shop where I bought say I can bring it back and get a credit note

I have heard that Linksys is good as they are a division of Cisco.

Anyone any thoughts on what routers are good and which are bad....

Cheers

Intermittent disconnections may not be the fault of the router/modem and can be indicative of a bad line so it would be worth finding out what your line stats are before making any further moves in relation to the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

What kind of line tests can I do. I dont thinkmy Belkin does attenuation etc...Is there any software that you could recommend...

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Just go to your Belkin router administrator. I think Belkin is 192.168.2.1 and there should be able to find your Downstream Line Attenuation and Upstream Line Attenuation details, post those here first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

batman2000 wrote:
    What kind of line tests can I do. I dont thinkmy Belkin does attenuation etc...Is there any software that you could recommend...

Cheers

This link shows how to get stats for most makes of router:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm#top

• Advertisement
Advertisement