Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around the Sin Bin

Options
  • 10-05-2007 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im not familiar with the parking in Limerick City and I was just wondering if someone might help me out. I've to go to an event in the Sin Bin on tuesday night and I was wondering where is the best place to park considering it'll be busy enough.

Is there a car park around there??

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are a number of multi story car parks in that area but I am not sure if they are open 24 hours a day though.

You have the Howley's Quay car park which is right behind the Sin Bin, the entrance is on the Henry Street side. You also have the Dunnes Stores car park in what used to be Spade's shopping centre.

Again I don't know if either are open 24 hours.

There is also the Euro car park a bit further up opposite the Limerick 95FM building on the Dock road. It is less than 5 min walk from the Sin Bin

If they are not open you could try and park the car close byHenry Street Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If it's after the 6 the "park anywhere within reason" rule applies. I've parked along the riverfront behind the Garda station before and the car was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

There is no 24 hour car parks in Limerick that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

The one on the dock road is 24hour if not then it's late opening. there is loads of on street parking around that area. Once you don't make a silly decision like blocking the roads then you shouldn't have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

foinse wrote:
    Once you don't make a silly decision like blocking the roads then you shouldn't have any problems.

We'll leave all those silly decisions to the city/county planners :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Irish Wolf wrote:
    We'll leave all those silly decisions to the city/county planners :D

Well they are the best at it. :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ninty9er wrote:
    If it's after the 6 the "park anywhere within reason" rule applies. I've parked along the riverfront behind the Garda station before and the car was fine.

not wishing to start an arguement with u but i know that the gardai sometime tow vehicles from the rear of the station so i woud advise not parking there

Advertisement