Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high efficiency radiators

Options
  • 10-05-2007 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hello all just wondering has any one come across alurad high efficiency radiators, the supplier claims they use less water than conventional radiators and they are made from aluminium. I got a quote for my new self build and they work out more expensive, but i,m wondering has anyone got these installed so i can get some advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

in our house the radiatos hold very little water, the heat up fast and they go cold within 10mins of the heating being switched off, but they still take a good bit of time to warm the rooms (maybe if i dry lined all the internal walls, it would be quicker, but the house would be cold within an hour of the heating being turned off)

normal radiators and setting a time switch to come on an hour before you return would be a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

Advertisement