Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE100 tonight - last longest?

• 10-05-2007 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭

who's in for prop bets/last longest/bounties etc etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

what time does it kick off at? I should make it and would be for a last longest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

quality tourny, il be there, last longest works for me.

edit in case anybody is wondering waht tourny details are in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055089434

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In. €20 last longest. Glyn - bring the, ahem...package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    In. €20 last longest.

done, I suggest mickste as the bagman given that he makes 95% of FTs in the SE...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

how many runners does this usually get?
    how much usually for first?
    is it safe to say this will be finished by 2 or 3 am?

• Advertisement

Gholimoli wrote:

It is safe to say that you will be done long before 2 or 3am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Gholimoli wrote:
    how many runners does this usually get?
    how much usually for first?

80 runners last month (so I'm guessing around 3k for first)
    I doubt it'll be finished by 2 or 3, I was knocked out at 1 last month and there were still 30 remaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I think it was 3.1k for first last month. I think went out at about 3 am, just after we'd gotten down to the final table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

I read somewhere it was 100euro DC only once a month...?

Shivverz wrote:
    I read somewhere it was 100euro DC only once a month...?

that is correct and it's the 2nd Thursday of each month i.e. tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

sounds good Glynn. I will take the role of bagman so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    In. €20 last longest. Glyn - bring the, ahem...package.

PLAY THE JACKPOT!!!

ditpoker wrote:
    PLAY THE JACKPOT!!!

Man - that is chuckle worthy. LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I caught the bus home from this tourney, and it wasn't even the last bus.
    That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I literally donated €110 to the prizepool and €20 to the last longest.

El Stuntman, BCB and Glowingmind all made the FT with GM taking 2nd. WP

5th for me.

I raise from CO to 14k with Ad8d (blinds2/4) and SB pushes all in and its another 40k for me to call. I chat him for a while and disturbingly* I put him on 22 33 44 and call. He flips 22 and my hand doesnt improve.

Very next hand blinds are 3/6 and I push for 34k with Q 10 and BB wakes up with JJ.

*It seems quite silly that I could assign him that range but trust me i did. He gave off a tell that seriously made me feel he was weak/uncomfortable. It just took me a further 3mins to tell myself to go with my read.

I scooped the last longest and got €300 for 5th.

Tourney structure was fine and allowed for play. Pity it finishes so late...

Bad Beat - ive to go to work now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Nice one Ed, you will enjoy your few days off now!! :)

Bah, In work now and loaded up with sugar filled tea and a nice big Danish. Ive thawed somewhat so can write a bit of a report.

Started off with an interesting table, Oz-Poker, Slim Tony (limping 2h5h utg and calling down with bottom pair, playing 10c5c and flopping the flush) Mickste and El Stuntdude were all to my left. By my standards I started off seriously quite leading Oz to question me at one point as to why I didnt have a monster stack yet.. I stayed pretty much out of trouble until about midway through level 3 - I raise Mickste BB for the first time with As2s and he pushes all in. I tell myself im good - I genuinely feel that he just playing back at me here and telling me to f'away from his BB. Anyway I call and Im delighted my read was good and Im a favourite over KK as we head to the flop. (What? Well I had an overcard an/2 straight draws and a flush draw). Anyway Im ahead on the turn when the spades fill up. Plough ahead after that and start to open up a bit.

I limp lp with Ad5d after utg limped also, the blinds Mick and ElS see a flop of 10 5 5, checked around (u notice this? Im getting tricky), Turn K and myself and mick manage to get it in - him with 2 5 me with A 5 and the board pairs the 10 on the river for a split.

One player at our table who pushed all in numerous times when straights made on the river. We were all curious so I endeavoured to see how he played them. I limp sb with 8d9d, flop of Js10d2d, I lead and he calls. (he was UTG in this hand), turn Kd - I lead and he comes over the top and he shows AQo. So he limped AQ from UTG and called a decent bet on the flop to hit a middle pin.... and paid the price after the dream turn card.

Im tired now and cant remember a whole lot til 2 tables out, Ive raised 3 pots in a row and again im on the button with 10 10 - UTG has suspiciously limped so i pop to 7,200 telling myself if he moves il fold out. He min raises me (yeah limp/min raise) - Before I know it my chips are in the middle against his QQ. Momentarily morphing into The Chief I order a 10 on the river which duly arrives. If I lose this i still just about have enough chips to play with but would no longer be comfortable. Disgusted with myself in this hand though.

blah blah blah, cant remember, tired etc etc Overall Im pretty happy with how i played other than the 10 10 hand which I should not have played so badly. The A2 hand doesnt concern me as much as I still have plenty to work with if im wrong - I went with my feeling.

El Stuntdude introduced me to Morgans Spiced Rum in Keohes at half time. Unlike Rounders I managed not to put the barmaid on tilt by ordering the drink by its full name.

Sick hand of the night. Some guy raises EP and after one caller Oz makes it 4k to go leaving 2200 behind (alarm bells anyone?) anyway they get it all in Oz AA, villian JJ (note other caller for 1k dumped AK). Flop A J X, Turn X, River the case J to send Oz packing in sickening style.

nice 1 BCB

I managed to last all of two hands at the final table.

great tournament this - possibly almost too good of a structure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

I got up to 15k before the break, playing some nice poker, picking spots, only showing decent cards etc.,etc.,
    Then after break, got a guy allin with my Ak V pocket 4's no help for me, the run my 10's in pocket queens, and down to still a playable stack of 9k but a bit pissed off. Then blow up when I decide to try and get the Chief off a flop. You would need a can of mace, pliers and perhaps some semtex to get him away from a flop. Anyway the hand. Limped in for 300 in lp with pocket 7's along with 2 others, Eamon (american guy with ponytail) raises to 1200 on button, the chief calls as do I (pot 4,800). Flop comes down 4h 4s 8s. Chief bets out 1,600. This sticks of a stopper bet, i put him on a flush draw and my mind is thinking call the 1,600 and push if no spade comes on the turn, but suddenly my hands are pushing the chips over the line and im blurting out "Re-Raise all-in. He calls almost immediately and turns of Ks9s. 2s on the turn and K on the river. As im leaving the Chief nicely pointed out to me that the K beat me as well as his flush :(:( thanks for pointing that one out.

Anyway you live and learn, pissed off with my play after the break, but it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

Well played GM. did ye do a deal or play the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

El Stuntdude introduced me to Morgans Spiced Rum in Keohes at half time. Unlike Rounders I managed not to put the barmaid on tilt by ordering the drink by its full name.

What can i say i put women on tilt without trying, comes natural just like breathing. Did you like the Morgans Spiced Rum? is what El stuntman says about it the truth?.

What can i say i put women on tilt without trying, comes natural just like breathing. Did you like the Morgans Spiced Rum? is what El stuntman says about it the truth?.

pure liquid gold my man

although Green Island Spiced Gold from Mauritius is the nuts

smurph wrote:
    Anyway the hand. Limped in for 300 in lp with pocket 7's along with 2 others, Eamon (american guy with ponytail) raises to 1200 on button, the chief calls as do I (pot 4,800). Flop comes down 4h 4s 8s. Chief bets out 1,600. This sticks of a stopper bet, i put him on a flush draw and my mind is thinking call the 1,600 and push if no spade comes on the turn, but suddenly my hands are pushing the chips over the line and im blurting out "Re-Raise all-in. He calls almost immediately and turns of Ks9s. 2s on the turn and K on the river. As im leaving the Chief nicely pointed out to me that the K beat me as well as his flush :(:( thanks for pointing that one out.

Anyway you live and learn, pissed off with my play after the break, but it happens.

Tbh Collette, that looks ok. You want to get it in with 77 against a flush draw on that board considering the money already in the middle. Hold out and you have a decent tank and are on the road to the FT. It is unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Im tired now and cant remember a whole lot til 2 tables out, Ive raised 3 pots in a row and again im on the button with 10 10 - UTG has suspiciously limped so i pop to 7,200 telling myself if he moves il fold out. He min raises me (yeah limp/min raise) - Before I know it my chips are in the middle against his QQ. Momentarily morphing into The Chief I order a 10 on the river which duly arrives. If I lose this i still just about have enough chips to play with but would no longer be comfortable. Disgusted with myself in this hand though.

Dont feel too bad about this BCB, you had the force with you on this one. People who limp/ min reraise QQ deserve to hit a Q on the flop then get runner runnered every time. I love seeing peoples big pairs get cracked when played this way.

58o wrote:
    Dont feel too bad about this BCB, you had the force with you on this one. People who limp/ min reraise QQ deserve to hit a Q on the flop then get runner runnered every time. I love seeing peoples big pairs get cracked when played this way.

Min-raisers need to be beaten up. Sorry, limpers who min-raise raisers.......

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Tbh Collette, that looks ok. You want to get it in with 77 against a flush draw on that board considering the money already in the middle. Hold out and you have a decent tank and are on the road to the FT. It is unlucky.

Your right there Lloyd but considering I was up against the chief, and in all honosty the only place to play back at him is on the river. The turn i could have gotten away from it. Now in fairness to him, he was never getting away with It. When the cards turn over he has 14 outs, so I need to dodge alot of bullets...... One of those what if hands.

58o wrote:

Completely agree.

smurph wrote:
    Your right there Lloyd but considering I was up against the chief, and in all honosty the only place to play back at him is on the river. The turn i could have gotten away with it. Now in fairness to him, he was never getting away with It. When the cards turn over he has 14 outs, so I need to dodge alot of bullets...... One of those what if hands.

Coin flip city and, while I agree that the Chief flips better than God, I think in a tournament like last night's - getting it all in with decent money already in the midddle on a flip for a double up + is fine. Infact - if he turned over his cards on the flop before I had made my decision I would still tank it. Though he is a rivering so and so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

where is the emporium? not old enough to play there or anything but ive no idea where it is

pure liquid gold my man

although Green Island Spiced Gold from Mauritius is the nuts

My boss spends alot of time in Guadeloupe and St. Lucia (boat and trans atlantic crossing etc.,) and he brought me back this rum http://www.mountgayrum.com/....... Blew the head of me, after 2 of them I was talking utter horsesh*t but that didn't stop me struggling through the 3rd one........with Loads of Ice and Coke its gorgeous.

Mr.Plough wrote:
    where is the emporium? not old enough to play there or anything but ive no idea where it is

Annes lane, just off Annes St (opposite Kehoes) which is just off grafton St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Morgans is fcuking crazy juice.

jbravado wrote:
    Morgans is fcuking crazy juice.

there's a bottle of it in my kitchen which is actually speaking to me right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Had a bottle of it last night, only 15 quid for a litre over here. Salior Jerry's is also nice. Anyway enough about rum, my head hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Mr.Plough wrote:

from ste green, down grafton st, turn right onto st annes st (where eddie rockets is) and take first right again, its hidden up that lane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

dacman wrote:
    Well played GM. did ye do a deal or play the heads up.

When we got down to two (Myself and Lex/MikeP) - we leveled off the payouts a bit, and played heads up. I got 1680 and a wsop sat ticket, Lex got 2050 and a ticket.

Overall very happy with it, played like a total idiot in the DC last week and wasn't confident enough to throw myself into the last longest.

Thankfully when i got into pots ahead i stayed ahead.

Significant hand for me was just after the break. (I took a bad beat from Hector(not hectorjelly) to lose my first stack) Raised in EP with AcJs, only caller was Harold. Flop is 8c9cTc giving me an openender and a nut flush draw. Shoved, got called and hit my club on the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

I chat him for a while and disturbingly* I put him on 22 33 44 and call. He flips 22 and my hand doesnt improve.

Jedi masta! :p
    Didnt think you'd flip for your stack there tbh, hence le push.
    gg.

Lex wrote:
    Jedi masta! :p
    Didnt think you'd flip for your stack there tbh, hence le push.
    gg.

If I think im good I cant back out of the situation I find myself in. As you know It took me some time to get my chips across the line. I "chat" you up for a while and when I asked you one question you let a little nervous giggle. This is probably gonna sound stupid but if somebody is sweating me and I actually have 2/3/4's i find i have a sick tell of a nervous giggle.

Earlier in the night Clamper raised from the button into my BB and I pushed back for 60k with 44. He sweated me and i let out the same giggle - inside i was giving out to myself saying "what fckin breed of a gimp am I - when am I gonna stop giggling like that". That is something I have seen repeated over and over again.

A few other things twinged with me whilst I was chatting you, you kept playing with your cards, I often find that players do this as they fear that if they try to stay still they will shake. Also I felt you pushed too fast preflop, it was an insta push, almost like you had it premeditated - "if that baldy fcker raises me again im pushing back at him".

I suppose it was a combo of factors that made me call, overall I supposed I felt you really had no interest in seeing a flop.

It was 40k to call, 14k + 14k + 4k + 40k = 72k - 72k/40k - I had absolutely huge equity in the pot if you had 22 - 77, which of course I felt there was every possibility.

Despite it crippling me I was pleased with my call.

well done to yourself and Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

Jebus, enough with the giggling!! I sooooo dont "giggle"!! tee hee :p
    At least call it a smirk or something! :rolleyes:

mp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

When we got down to two (Myself and Lex/MikeP) - we leveled off the payouts a bit, and played heads up. I got 1680 and a wsop sat ticket, Lex got 2050 and a ticket.

nice one lads fair plate to ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Played a dreadful hand in this last night.

I have 7500.
    Villian 1 has 725
    Villian 2 has 2800
    Harold has 11000
    Ektor has 3250

Blinds are 75/150

Villian 2 limps in MP as does Harold. Ektor calls and i call from the CO with 54. Villian 1 goes all for 725 and is called by all 3 players. I then get a brainwave and attempt a squeezeplay and make it 3k to play.

Villian 2 moves in, Harold flat calls and Ektor moves in. The dealer took 8 minutes trying to sort out the side pots, during which time i asked John to stop the clock.

Anyway Harold moves all in on an A high flop and his AKs is good. Shorty has AQ and catches 2 pair and the other 2 had KJ and K10.

Very next hand i get my AK allin preflop against villain 1s new 4k stack and his QQ holds up. I'm left with 600 which i get up to 4800 but thats as good as it got!

Advertisement