Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty Scratch On My Barrel

Options
  • 10-05-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

well folks,
    i got a massive and nasty on the barrell of my .22 yesterday i nearly puked in the ditch when it happened. i just want to know what can i do to take the scratch off. is there a special paint over i can put on it or does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

There are touch up pens you can get , not sure how effective they are .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can get blueing kits But I am not sure if the whole barrel needs to be reblued at the same time?
    Battle scars are part and parcel of all working guns,they just give it character!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Birchwood blueing paste does help - it will make the scratch less obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I have messed around with bluing stuff in the past and it is mostly messy and patchey stuff . Every application of bluing compound deepens the finish so if you apply it to the area it wont just blue the scratch it will darken the blue all around the scratch giving a very unappealing finish . Blued finishes don't behave like paint or laquer in anyway at all so it's hard stuff to work with.

Advertisement