Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf in Dublin Today

Options
  • 10-05-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Checked out magicseaweed.com 3/5 stars for dublin bay today. Anyone know any other sites I could use to get a second opinion... thinking of heading down this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

I can't understand a thing on that site... seems to be very windsurfing related...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kayasurf

Whats the best time to be down there today.. Stuck in work at the moment and won't be able to get down till after seven? will there be anything there?
    Whats portmarnock like to surf? never surfed there before :)

I popped down to white rock... clean waves but not big at all. There was 2 guys surfing and a body boarder there... the 2 lads got up standing anyway...

I'm heading down around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Griff77

Sicruise, where's white rock? Thanks

• Advertisement

Its down in Killiney... it'll probably be ****e now :)

Ok was absolute bolix! I'm guessing that dublin bay on magicseaweed.com has nothing to do with dublin...

There actually wasn't even a wave in sight!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

spockety wrote:

Yeah I heard this on the radio this morning - Does anyone know where I might obtain the full list ?

Hold on got it from EPA website -
    http://www.epa.ie/NewsCentre/PressReleases/MainBody,14661,en.html
    The sites that failed to comply with the minimum EU mandatory standard were:
    Balbriggan (Dublin Fingal), Malahide (Dublin Fingal), Clifden (Galway) and Dunmore East Main Strand (Waterford). Balbriggan, Malahide and Clifden failed to meet the EU mandatory standard for both total and faecal coliforms while Dunmore East Main Strand failed to meet the standard for faecal coliforms. Of these four beaches, only Clifden had failed also in the previous year.

Advertisement