Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No name, so far

• 10-05-2007 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

After writing nothing for years I suddenly got an urge last night and wrote 5 or 6 poems. This is an acknowledgment of that, which I suppose is pretty obvious. I'll probably change this a lot before I'm happy with it so this could be considered a 'rough draft'. I also found it interesting that I used to always write about emotions I'd never felt and my poems all rhymed. Now I'm writing about what I actually feel and my poems don't rhyme. Strange how it works!

Nothing but silence
    for years until
    memories in making,
    sore hearts,
    and new experiences,
    open floodgates
    long forgotten
    and out flows ink
    and words.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

Congrats on getting your muse back :)

I think non-rhyming poems are generally better myself.

I think you could lose the last two lines to make the poem stronger. They're not necessary. I like the way you've paced the words. :)

Advertisement