Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crackdown DLC

• 10-05-2007 10:37am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Details on the new Crackdown DLC:

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1603/Crackdown/p1/

It claims to be free and give not just the missing 100 acheivment points, but the extra 250 on top of that as well. There is a bunch of new vehicles and weapons thrown in and some changes to make finding those last couple of agility and hidden orbs a bit easier, hopefully.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Theres free and premium content. The free stuff gives you the 100 points and the premium stuff is the 250 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

screenies

Ground Strike:
    1178772060.jpg

Agency Patrol Buggy:
    1178772059.jpg

Agency Pursuit Vehicle:
    1178772145.jpg

Agency Armored Vehicle (awesome):
    1178772044.jpg

The MSK Lobber:
    1178772040.jpg

The HRX “Harpoon”:
    1178772063.jpg

VS1 “Cloaking Device”:
    1178772023.jpg

More: http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1324/Crackdown/p1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

making a thoroughly enjoyable game even better....Nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

sweet... Still trying to max out my character. Really like this game... If nothing else is just fun jumping everywhere

They should have added some 2 player vehicles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

SWEET!! I get to waste more money, but this time it dosn't go to waste:D :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Theres free and premium content. The free stuff gives you the 100 points and the premium stuff is the 250 points
    Ooops. Wasn't paying attention when I first read the article. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Is it not out today? Link.

Anyway, no playing for you until my return 500. Buy the pack between now and then though so I can scab it.

question? How do u reset the crime in the game?? Killed all the boses...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

unklerosco wrote:
    question? How do u reset the crime in the game?? Killed all the boses...

You couldn't, without deleting your save data. But I'm told there was a patch to fix that recently so maybe if you turn the game on now it'll download the patch.

All my stuff is packed away at the moment because of moving, I look forward to this DLC stuff though. Hadn't turned on the 360 since I completed Crackdown, fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

steviec wrote:
    You couldn't, without deleting your save data. But I'm told there was a patch to fix that recently so maybe if you turn the game on now it'll download the patch.

There is now an option in game to "Turn Crimes On" when you load up your saved game. It loads up the random gang members on the streets, but it doesn't reset the bosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I'd like if when your in the car in 2 player, the person not driving could shoot out the side! It's a bit boring just sitting there!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Julez wrote:
    I'd like if when your in the car in 2 player, the person not driving could shoot out the side! It's a bit boring just sitting there!!
    You can always stand on top of the vehicle as they drive around if you really need to do some drive by shootings.

Just make sure they are a good driver or you'll fall off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

robinph wrote:
    You can always stand on top of the vehicle as they drive around if you really need to do some drive by shootings.

Just make sure they are a good driver or you'll fall off.

:( Its just not the same tho!!

Its all up now :D

There is a a problem with the new content where people's profiles are getting completely reset. It seems to be only triggered in co-op so you should probably stay away from that untill they get it nailed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hmm still havent bought this game but I might pick up a 2nd hand copy on the cheap, those screenies have me intrigued!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Is crackdown any good? I'm looking for a new game to buy, at the moment I have fight night, pgr, rainbow6, splinter cell and gow.

for 22 euro its a bargain

• Advertisement

New cars are pretty cool.. The buggy is great crack.. The minigun is class, love the way it winds up.. The harpoon/nail gun thing is class.. As is the cloak.. as is the whole lot. Great update.. loads more to do. If i wasn't up at 4am tomorrow id be playing it all night... The stomp thing is class...

This seems to be a love it hate it game.. I think its quite easily one of the best games ive ever played. To me its much better than GTA, although GTA is a bit more polished n has a class soundtrack..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Nuts, wish I hadn't spent those points on Double Dragon now. But the content looks awesome, it'll get back into the game when I can afford it! The thing that put me off was collecting all those orbs...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

how do i reset the gangs?

i can't find the option anywhere!?

When u hit campaign u can toggle between revive gangs or not.. U need to have killed all 21 boss's first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I got it with a 360 bundle last Saturday and absolutely love it. Great to get a game and a week later have DLC, everythings coming up milhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

thanks dude...

it's good to have all the gangs back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just after playing around 4 hours of co-op with my mate. That was feckin great fun, mindless but still great fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive still not gotten into crackdown

must give it a good long go during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

any idea if they're going to make this content free any time soon?
    pretty damn pissed off to have just bought a game, only to find they expect me to pay more money to enjoy it to the fullest:mad:
    this has put a sour taste on an otherwise great first few days with my 360

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have been having a mad xbox week. Finished Prey that I bought ages ago but didn't play and now started playing Crackdown, while waiting for Halo 3 Beta. ;)

Crackdown is excellent fun in my opinion. I haven't killed many of the henchmen yet as I have been too busy exploring and jumping from building to building. THe agility aspect to the game makes a huge difference. And I still have to play co-op mode.

I would have downloaded the DLC already but my broadband traffic quota is nearing it's limit.

Even better that I bought it for €22 from Play Asia. :D

Advertisement