Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get tracking and lights aligned?

Options
  • 10-05-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get the tracking done on my car? Think the lights need to be done too but its not importnat at the moment. Tracking is just wrecking my head!! The wheel being off centre when driving straight is such a pain!!

Any idea how much it would cost too? Would you recommend going to an indy or somewhere like FastFit?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I don't know where you are, but when getting tracking done make sure it's to somewhere reputable and digital version.You should pay anything from €40-€50

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

im on the northside of dublin. if i phone somewhere i should ask them if it is done digitally yea?

actually, i suppose i must ask is that what the problem probably is regarding the off centre steering wheel? could it be something more serious to do with the steering column or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dave mccann tyres, dont have no to hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Any decent Advanced Pit Stop, cheap and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hmmm cheap for a reason

go to dave mccann, get it done properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Fast Fit did the lights for €20 for me a while back. Have had the wheels tracked by them too, can't remember the fee. Excellent staff, much better informed than that Advance Pitstop shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Fast Fit beside Tesco, Clare Hall did my wheels last week, 4 wheel alignment, €80
    Re-tested NCT yesterday and passed with Zero variance on the alignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Discount Tyres & Auto Service, in an industrial park near the Aquatics Centre at Blanchardstown, have been very good for me in the past. They do a good job, seem to actually be interested in cars, and also one of the few places I've found to do camber as well as tracking. All a digital laser rig, gives you the before and after readings on a printout. Think it was about €40 for tracking and €70 for tracking & camber on the front wheels only.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Thanks for the replies guys. Ill ring around a few of those. Its not for the NCT or anything, its just cos its wrecking my head and ive to drive cross country in a couple of weekends so would like not to be looking at a wonky steering wheel!!

Will post back a price when I do get it done.

Cheers

Advertisement