Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-poster of Madeleine McCann

Options
  • 10-05-2007 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post this here for anyone who hasn't forwarded it around yet. This little one could be anywhere in the world at this stage, so please forward it to anyone you know. I know there's alot of news coverage here on Sky, but there hasn't been as much coverage elsewhere so every little helps!

untitled.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

That's a lovely photo but I don't know why they have used it. Surely a close-up picture of her face would help people to recognise her more easily if they saw her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

The close up of her looking sad would have been more appropriate IMO, but that's what they chose.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think its appropriate. It gives an idea of her size and build. Also, seeing the whole child is better, as its different and makes us notice. I think were (sadly) a bit desensitised to the close up photos used in missing posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

I know what you mean about being desensitised (sp) I saw a bit of a video of her and the difference it made, I mean I was sad about her being abducted before and of course wanted her found but the vid of a real live little happy girl was heartbreaking, it made such a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Most people who are caught when they've been on the run are caught by someone recognising their shape or their gait.

Pity they haven't thought to put up some video of the little one, which would be possible on the internet.

But the poster is good, because it shows her in a characteristic pose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I think the photo is a really good one.
    And I heard on the news yesterday that tomorrow is her 4th birthday - what an awful day its going to be for everyone concerned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

There's a new poster with a close up of her eyes which are quite unusual and there's a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwqP2j00AsA&NR=1

Missing.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 afino

They have launched a website too with the Crimestoppers phone numbers and the close-up shot of Madeleine.
    http://findmadeleine.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Advertisement