Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Magnet...Bye Bye NTL/UPC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 doninosq

I suspect NTL is traffic shaping and my p2p downloads recently have become very slow. I am thinking of getting magnet via the phone line as my area does not support the cable option. They (magnet) claim that there will be no contention or trafic shaping in this service. Just wondering if anyone has any previous experience with them? Is the speed good and will magnet slow trafiic for torrents? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 doninosq

I am thinking of changiend from NTL to magnet via the pohone line...is magent good for torents? any trafic shaping as NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

doninosq wrote: »
    I suspect NTL is traffic shaping and my p2p downloads recently have become very slow. I am thinking of getting magnet via the phone line as my area does not support the cable option. They (magnet) claim that there will be no contention or trafic shaping in this service. Just wondering if anyone has any previous experience with them? Is the speed good and will magnet slow trafiic for torrents? :mad:

doninosq wrote: »
    I am thinking of changiend from NTL to magnet via the pohone line...is magent good for torents? any trafic shaping as NTL?

Speed is excellent, I've never seen any slowdown. No traffic shaping whatsoever from what I've seen. See my first post on this thread, I still haven't had any downtime and it's working great for xbox live.

Advertisement