Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 101 PC Games of All time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

God damn! He puts The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind at position 4 and I turned down the chance to buy it today for €12. I'll have to go back again and get it :rolleyes:

The best - going by number of hours played - is Championship Manager 03/04 followed by Civilisation II.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tie Fighter is in there...no. 58. At least i'm assuming its Tie Fighter, as any game called 'The Fighter' cant be good. And ya, Freespace 2 should be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

FF7 and Black & White need to be further up the list. Baldurs Gate 2 needs to be put on the list. Half Life needs to be moved down the list(don't see the big deal). Lemmings and Day of the Tentacle need to be put on the list.

I just don't agree with this at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

half-life should be higher than half-life 2

and no cs1.6??

tbh find me a game that was more popular and more addictive as that...(no not warcraft :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Cremo wrote:
    half-life should be higher than half-life 2

and no cs1.6??

tbh find me a game that was more popular and more addictive as that...(no not warcraft :p)

If your going to to different versions of games why not make it CS 1.3?
    or even before 1.3 maybe one of the beta's like when the siege had that vehicle.

And again i have to mention it no star trek games? no botf or Armada 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Kevster wrote:
    God damn! He puts The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind at position 4 and I turned down the chance to buy it today for €12. I'll have to go back again and get it :rolleyes:

I just bought it Saturday - 7 or 8 quid in Xtravision.

Thought Far Cry should be a bit higher.

And Stalker?! I really wanted to like that game, and forgave it a lot initially, but the bugs ruined it in the end.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The lack of Daikatana on that list completely destroys its credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I just remembered.... there is another famous oldie which was not included in the top 101. Another World... Don't tell me that you don't know/like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Plenty of stuff to disagree with, but that's inevitable with these (opinion) lists, everyone will always disagree with something on it.

I'm really glad VTM: Bloodlines is on the list though, and that high :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Sid Meiers Pirates - did anyone actually buy that game? Half life 2 better than 1 thats like saying Water is better than alchohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

good to see Mafia in there at #27, it had its faults but it was a great game with an amazing soundtrack:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    soldier of fortune 2

The multiplayer was superb. Plus; gratuitous violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

koneko wrote:
    I'm really glad VTM: Bloodlines is on the list though, and that high :)

Yeah, shocked at that one myself, I really loved it, but it seemed to have been mostly hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That top 100 is very dodgy.
    No Return to Castle Wolfenstein plus many other glaring omissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

that list is fcunked

grim fandango is more like top 10 material, one of the all time great adventures games like that now are not made no more which is a shame

also the original commandos was brilliant. alot of games now are totally rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Shambles of a list to be honest. I know it is nigh on impossible to do a good list like this but this has to be one of the poorest efforts I have ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Yeah, shocked at that one myself, I really loved it, but it seemed to have been mostly hated.

Every one iv talked to that played vampire the masquerade bloodlines loved it....one of the best games ever tbh

Eve online should be first though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

How were they judging games tho? storyline, playability, graphicsm singleplayer, multiplayer, genre first type thing or just kinda whatever they felt like?

Overall i gotta agree that the list is majorly flawed.
    Wing Commander 4? Wing commander 1/2 and privateer were far superior.
    WoW, a game that has over six million online players currently (far more than that have played it) comes only 15th?
    UT2K4 but not the original?
    Doom but no wolf3d?

Only time i really kinda "respect" these lists are when they clearly state how they judge games.

For the record i have played 44 of the games in the list :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

B-K-DzR wrote:
    How were they judging games tho? storyline, playability, graphicsm singleplayer, multiplayer, genre first type thing or just kinda whatever they felt like?
    Read votes I think.

TBH I think these lists should be taken as the top 101 games in no particular order as the more popular games always end up at the top even if some of the excellent niche games would be considered better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

User45701 wrote:
    If your going to to different versions of games why not make it CS 1.3?
    or even before 1.3 maybe one of the beta's like when the siege had that vehicle.

And again i have to mention it no star trek games? no botf or Armada 1

well i just said 1.6 as it's the latest version of counter-strike. source is no way near as popular or addictive - and probably won't be in my opinion - as counter strike on the hl1 engine.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Battlefield 2 at number 9?

What a shambles of a list.....

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Any top PC game list without Star Control 2 is an instafail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

That list is bollocks. No Battlefield vietnam? Yeah, it was only the best of the series. Only a complete spacker would rate bf2 higher than bfv, or 1942. Garrys mod higher than grim fandango? Go f*ck yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Would it be an idea to create our own list? Since everyone here has an opinion, then we should be able to get a good selection of our various tastes. You know, if everyone put down their 10 favourite games of all-time, and we can sort out a list. For the purposes of excitement, the lists could be pm'd or emailed so that we can have a grand unveiling and possibly a proper award ceremony, and I'll get to wear my sequined ball-gown.

is that you volunteering to co-ordinate it humanji? :D
    actually another glaring omission on that list is painkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

0ubliette wrote:
    actually another glaring omission on that list is painkiller
    panikiller was cack. Serious Sam clone.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    panikiller was cack. Serious Sam clone.

Well that well written rebuttal has completely changed my opinion of Painkiler. Good on you sir.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Serious Sam ftw. What a game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

0ubliette wrote:
    Well that well written rebuttal has completely changed my opinion of Painkiler. Good on you sir.
    You can keep your opinion. I'm just spreading the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

0ubliette wrote:

I will if nobody else wants to. How hard can it be? :D

Advertisement