Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 10-05-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!!

I have a flight to catch at Dublin Airport at 6.30am Saturday morning and am coming from the North. I don't have much time to spare between the when my coach is supposed to arrive at the airport and when check in closes for the flight. Are there any roadworks or other potential delays that I ought to be aware of at the moment?

Cheers

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Jigsaw wrote:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!!

I have a flight to catch at Dublin Airport at 6.30am Saturday morning and am coming from the North. I don't have much time to spare between the when my coach is supposed to arrive at the airport and when check in closes for the flight. Are there any roadworks or other potential delays that I ought to be aware of at the moment?

Cheers

R

I dont think theres any roadworks from where you are coming. Just look at the AA website for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

If you're coming down the M1, you should be fine, motorway all the way and no roadworks that I'm aware of at the moment. As dre said, check the AA site for peace of mind.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

No Road works on the M1 and none between that and the airport.

Before the M1 i'm not sure

Anyway for a flight at 6.30am dont expect that much roadworks.You should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

There are ongoing road works between the South end of Newry and the M1 at Dundalk however these should cause you no delay at all at your time and day of travel. If you are getting the Aircoach, friends of mine have mentioned that it sometimes dosen't bother stopping in Hillsborough. This is good for everyone, unless you plan on boarding there...

el tel wrote:
    There are ongoing road works between the South end of Newry and the M1 at Dundalk however these should cause you no delay at all at your time and day of travel. If you are getting the Aircoach, friends of mine have mentioned that it sometimes dosen't bother stopping in Hillsborough. This is good for everyone, unless you plan on boarding there...

Thats bad, what happens if someone wants to board in Hillsborough. They might miss there flight waiting for a aircoach which might never come :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I have to go to Dublin Port from the N7 hitting the Red Cow roundabout at c.6.30pm.

Will inbound traffic be awful? What route in is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Thanks for the advice there. Thankfully I will not be boarding in Hillsborough!!

I'll be getting the Translink/Bus Eireann service which doesn't even bother with Hillsborough afaik. Just need to make sure I don't fall asleep on the damn thing and wake up at the Busarus station. If that happened I would have to resort to using some rather intemperate language:D

I have to go to Dublin Port from the N7 hitting the Red Cow roundabout at c.6.30pm.

Will inbound traffic be awful? What route in is best?

No route is good at that time of the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement