Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - return leg dearer than single

Options
  • 10-05-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Just booked flights to Rome in late September, returning early October.

If you book a return flight with Aer Lingus, the return leg on any Friday in October shows up as 49 per person.

But if you book two singles instead, you can fly from Rome to Dublin on the same days for 39 per person.

Am I missing something, or are Aer Lingus just fleecing Irish passengers?

(I understand the logic that depending on demand a return, or even a single, from A to B can often be dearer than from B to A, but that's not the case here.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Thats the way Airlines work (and always have)....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

jhegarty wrote:
    Thats the way Airlines work (and always have)....

Any trip I've ever made it's always been (usually a lot) dearer to book two singles than a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Wouldn't you be paying more charges if you book it as two seperate flights though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Alter-Ego wrote:
    Wouldn't you be paying more charges if you book it as two seperate flights though?

Just checked it, you pay an extra 'handling fee' of 6 euro if you book it as two one way flights, so you only save 4 euro instead of 10. Still enough for a glass of wine in Rome though!

Advertisement